• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] My Village Fall Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started this random project: village fall. Might try and fit all four races in the map. I am... 0.010% (?) finished. Whew! I need help--advice--in making an attractive map. This isn't necessarily a melee map nor an altered one. It's just a map, perhaps a one-chapter campaign or something, I don't know. I'm inspired by melee maps and templates uploaded here on the HIVE Workshop, but they're too symmetrical for my liking; it's a bit unnatural. But I digress... I don't know where I'm going with this map. Yet.

0.010_.png

This is a pond, I guess. I really need to learn about map making other than placing doodads and units. I am hoping if you guys can give me any, tips or advice, or feedback. I could also use some help. Any suggestion from you guys is welcome as well. Yes, I'm planning to make this map filled with villages. Maybe in the middle or scattered. The edges would be, like, the wilderness of sorts. I will be importing custom content in here, mostly models and icons. I will also be using unused materials in the game's files.

You could opt out of using blizz cliffs, like described here:
The Ultimate Beginners Terrain Tutorial
Or use cliffs when necessary, to prevent sight/block off movement.
It looks less harsh - natural if you like.
Wow! The screenshots in this thread looks just like what I was looking for, and better than my screenshot. Haha~ Thanks so much, @A]mun. Cheers! :peasant-cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.