• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

==>Village Defender<==

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Map Description:

Village Defender is a basic defense map. At the beggining you control a ranged "hunter" and a melee "warrior." You will be attacked by wave after wave of enemy forces. Obviously your task is to defend yourself and your village from these enemies.

Story:

An Orcish village is under attack. All the village warriors and hunters are out hunting. The village's entire fate rests on the shoulders of two men.

Features (so far):
-2 heroes
-Well made Terrain
-15 waves

Features (coming soon)
-More heroes (about 5)
-Heroes will be MUCH more custom
-Abilities will be custom (jass abilities)
-Enhanced story
-MUCH more detailed terrain
-Many custom items
-Builders (maybe)

Please post some feedback if you decided to play it :)

THE MAP IS ATTACHED TO THIS POST!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 230
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 191
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 158
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 166
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Village Defender.w3x
    74.8 KB · Views: 64
Level 24
Sorry mate, just played it and I cannot say i'm too impressed, even though the map indeed had some fun factor, it was only fun for a few minutes. Where should i begin?
  • The bad terrain, the village was OK, the forest and that should've taken me 5 min to make.
  • Warstomp and Taunt had the same hotkey [T], so you had to click Warstomp to use it, and warstomp tooltip colors were a little messy.
  • Why the warlock icon for the headhunter?
  • Perhaps change the two's models into blademaster and shadowhunter, they look to gimp at the moment.
  • No customization at all, only healing and mana potions.
  • All in all, seems like you released this two weeks before it was actually ready for testing, get back infront of your desk and start doing something good.

Level 10
Thank you for your time Linaze, i appreciate you playing this, and i really appreciate you reviewing it.

You are right i released this WAY before i was suppose to...i will continue to work on it and hopefully release a ready version soon. Thanks again for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.