• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Life of a Peasant] Temporarily: The Forest Village

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
(Maybe it fits into "Life of a peasant")
Hello everyone,
Name: The Forest Village This name is Temporarily because there is already a game with this name "Life is Feudal - The Forest Villager".
It's a casual game for 1 player, initially I kept the idea(It could be that maybe 2 players are also cool), where you build a village of the 0.
I decided to publish this idea here, before actually executing it, because I have not seen yet a casual map in Wc3, so I do not know if people like to play this type of game.
I decided to create it because I'm interested in games like that, building cities, to pass the time and see how far I get with the total population. (The map is based in The forest Village and Banished).
Well, i started a little story to put on the map, I thought of a cinematic start too. (It's all written down, just.)

History
A group of men and women and their children from a village in medieval times managed to escape from their village unperceived by the barbarians who attacked their lands. The survivors, then, desperate not to die, ran to a nearby beach and saw a boat not far away. They screamed for help. The sailors who stopped to fish were only a few people from another village who helped them and offered them a ride to the front where they would pass. They also helped with some tools so people could start a new life. Now, desolate, everyone would have to be together, helping each other for survival.
In Game

• All female villagers, men and children, are based on heroes.
    • All villagers have a proper name.
    • Villagers get old with time
      • Child: He's just a kid, he walks around the village and / or near his parents.
      • Adult: They work until the day of their death to keep the village.
    • Villagers need to eat so they do not starve
  • Tools for work
    • Villagers get injured if they work without tools in their hand
    • The tools are eventually used.
I started to do some systems, however I intend to have some feedback before continuing
Leave your comment below, telling what you think about maps like this.
(sorry my english)

Last edited:
Level 5
Sounds like an interesting concept. Though if you want to talk casual play, look for some older games like Sheep Farmer or Simple Living. xD

Couple of Questions:
1) Are there going to be "random" events such as disease or drought? Monsoons that boosts productivity? Idk.

2) How will the controls work? Are we a single hero "guiding" the village to do certain tasks, like a boss. Or are we basically God and control everyone? :D

3) Will seasons or different locations be planned? Surviving in the winter is much different than surviving in spring and the desert is very different from the forest. ;D

Level 4
I took a quick look at these 2 maps, but what I want to create is quite different.
My idea is basically to make a similar game:
(A little trailer of how the game is)

1) Are there going to be "random" events such as disease or drought?
1) I had not thought of illness yet, thank you for the idea, it might be possible that too.
And I'm thinking of putting tornadoes when there is a very heavy rain.
Monsoons that boosts productivity?
- Well, in that case, it would not be an event, but a school for learning. Someone with studies would be more productive than others without study.

2) How will the controls work? Are we a single hero "guiding" the village to do certain tasks, like a boss. Or are we basically God and control everyone?
- We are "god" and we can control everyone.

3) Will seasons or different locations be planned? Surviving in the winter is much different than surviving in spring and the desert is very different from the forest.
- Well, I have a season system and I plan to put snow whenever we're in "Winter". I plan to do that when in "winter" the plantations are stopped and can not work until the end of the winter.

Thank you for responding and for giving me an idea!

Level 5
Monsoons are seasonal rains. I may be inaccurate about this, but iirc there are countries that rely on this yearly heavy rain to grow massive amounts of crops. So imo this would totally be an event as a seasonal rain would make crops like insta-grow or double yield. :D

Edit: just realized I typed productivity. I just meant as in boost production of crops temporarily kind of productivity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.