• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Troll RPG-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Witch Doctor Travels RPG (In development)

Name: Witch Doctor Travels

Creator(s): frankie11 and tankass (with our combined skills we should be able to finish this campaign.

Current Stage: ~7%

Summary/Objectives: So far I have this- You play as Zul'Kis a Troll Witch Doctor (his abilities/spells are: Mix Potions, Hex, Flame Ward, Voodoo Aura, and Zaldari Hex. In the beginning sequence his voodoo (kind of like Chi) is interrupted by a Dark force, literally. Dark Trolls have begun to inhabit the islands and capture his tribe. Little does he know that he and his followers that are rescued along the way are the only remaining Trolls left to save his people. There are tutorial quests on the first island which teach you the basics of gameplay (such as the Potion-Mixing which will use herbs to create Health/Mana potions).

Map Features: Sunken Ruins Tileset. Troll homeland (homeisland?) It is an RPG (you can't pick your character though) it is not playable online and obviously is single-player.

Miscellaneous: Credits- Voodoo Aura by eXciTe; Aura (Team Glow/Hero Glow) by Ayane; CauldronWithHeads (In actuality it is without heads; however, that is it's proper name) by Hellish Hybrid; Potion Mixing, Hero Reviving System and Creep Reviving System by Kixer; and finally, last, but certainly not least: Troll Cursor by gexior.
We are no long 'recruiting' thank you.

Thank You for your time and consideration.

UPDATED7: (1)Added some stuff to the map and (2)fixed the 4 screenshots. Also added some colors to decrease boredom.(3) New- Added much to the first level. Added a secret into the beginning cinematic!!! xD I also implemented Kixer's Spell!!!! Try it out, folks. Test version 2.11 now available! This does not mean that it is anywhere near release lol as you can see this is a one man project so far- hopefully I will get a terrainer and maybe a triggerer. (I lack much skill in these areas.) I will add more SS's soon.(4) Added Kixer to credits- i forgot and also because his JASS contributes a lot to the main elements of this RPG. Thank you, Kixer. (5) Big thanks to tankass, he has joined the project!!! (6) The project will be a campaign (different map for each island/scenario thanks to tankass' idea- more SS's soon and a map update) (7) Added more screenshots and a complete version of the first island. It is unprotected so that you can learn from it, not steal from it. Also added Zul'Kis' other abilities to the summary. If you're interested, I may release the storyboard per request.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm not sure, but I think you can do that yourself if you edit the original post.

Anyways, sounds interesting, but the screenshots look pretty devoid of doodads. Maybe some more attention to things like plants and bushes? Or even shells on the beach. Just anything to make it look prettier.

Level 9
Thanks for the encouragement :O) I am horrible at terraining so I'm looking for help with that. Maybe someone could touch it up? BTW- are there any suggestions for abilities for the main hero? so far I have - Voodoo Aura: Level 1 deal 4 damage to enemy units within 400 level 2- 6 to all in 450 level 3 8 to all in 500. I need some more ideas

Level 9
Feels like I've been eye raped with all that green color. Please change it.

Also, the terrain could use ALOT of improvement. It's way too empty, no vegitables at all. Shrubs, flowers, mushrooms etc.

Level 12
Well... I was not bored reading the text... Yeah you need to make some more grass and vegetaition on the terrain. More tile variation and maybe even some of the raise and lower tools. Also, make your island without cliffs with this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29389

Rolling shores look more island-ish then cliffs. Other than that, you seem to have some new gameplay things to keep it new. What else do you have other than making your own potions?

Level 9
I just added some more tiles on the path- right now all the trees are just there as kind of a guideline in the tutorial island and I plan to change most of the terrain later, I just don't have the terraining skills to do it- I've been trying non-stop and in quests and such, the first island is complete! I will actually upload the new map now and I would really appreciate if I could get a good terrainer to help me! Thanks again for the support!

Last edited:
Level 3
Well now that im part of the team, i updated the main hero, Zul'kis

Abilities:

Hex

Flame Ward: Summons 1 flame ward to aid the witch doctor in battle.

Voodoo Aura: Damages all enemy units in melee range of the witch doctor.

Zaldari Hex: Hexes all units in a 500 yard range.

Level 5
I don't much care for those abilities, Tank. They sound mostly like stock spells (Immolation, Serp, Hex, more hex).
Remember that the player will be using those abilities for the whole campaign, so make em interesting. Just my 2¢ :p

Status
Not open for further replies.