• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] My trigger disconnects players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Here is a weird trigger which should spawn a pack of wild dogs and order them to attack player heroes. However when it starts in multiplayer (1st spawn) player 2 is dropped (I tested it with my friend) with "You were disconnected" message.

Can you guess what's totally wrong here and how can it disconnect people?

P.S. Can't it be something wrong with setting custom value? I use it to track "spawned" and "local" units.

3163ghc.jpg

Level 12
I have 8mbit and he doesn't have delay when I host so I guess it's not connection.

However it looks like a desynchronization problem in other games, I didn't know that simple triggers can cause it in Warcraft3. The most strange thing is that this trigger will SURELY disconnect player2, so it's not a random desync but a "stable desync".

Level 5
what type of variable is dogloc?

anyways i don't see whats wrong, except maybe removing "center" or riverspawn and instead using the region name, it should be in regions.
This way when you remove the variable, you are actually removing any unit that may have been inside it.

Thats why i'm asking for the variable type.

Level 12
The variable is a point with x,y,z coordinates.

Actually it's worse. We were playing and my friend was disconnected again, now without that trigger enabled (however we played for a bit longer time).

Can anyone look into it? I don't want to post the open version yet because I've got a lot of models there and credited people but I am afraid that some stranger can get the map and the stuff from inside and don't credit people.

I can pm you a link if you can help.

Level 5
Maybe its just your friends connection?
For example I got disconnected every time a friend would host a game and vice-versa.
And it would happen every time and usually in the first 2-3 minutes of game time and that stopped when he changed his IP address.
If you have PVPGN or garena i could test the map with you and see if i get disc. also.

Level 12
Oh, I may try. If it works vice versa then the problem is not in a script...

Anyway I redid all spawn scripts with custom scripts and now they lag less. Yay for the problem it helped :).

Level 12
I've just played on Northrend, and 2nd and 4th people were disconnected too, and not at once.

While the 3rd player stayed for 40 mins and then we quit. Can a maphack cause such thing like "you were disconnected" (not fatal error which I've got in the past until I stopped to hack :))?

Also the request is still here, can some pro test it? Or can you direct me to some generous figure whom I can ask for a service?

P.S> And it's not this trigger, I've removed all spawn triggers temporary. The only ones which are left are various transition triggers, a simple quest, a jump system by Paladon and a weapon system by me (probably totally unoptimized).

Level 19
If you have Loops or Unit Group actions with "Wait" inside them it may cause disconnection

Level 19
I just guessed about both
I know TSA doesnt work in unit groups
Not "Doesnt work" it actually stops trigger from that point so I thought that may has a side effect like dsync

Level 19
you cant use wait or wait (game time) in loops
Integer A is a global so if another loop gets executed while a loop is running Integer A will be changed by other loop so your loop will be confused

Level 12
Oh damn it, I had like 4 or 5 loops with wait... That's a bit sad, what is a workaround to spawn N critters with a small pause between them?

EDIT: What?! The local function variable (as I always thought) "i" is not local? What the hell?!! o_O
I programmed a bit but with my small exp. I wouldn't ever do such thing so I can't get how Blizzard programmers managed to find such a "good" way to use loop system.

Level 19
If you wont run a loop while its running
you can use variable loop instead of integer a loop
create 2 variables like
CreepSpawn_Loop
CreepSpawn_LoopEnd

Set CreepSpawn_LoopEnd = X
For Each CreepSpawn_Loop from 1 to CreepSpawn_LoopEnd do actions

You cannot run this when its running but another loop with another variable wont interrupt it

Level 12
OK. I am lost.
Now I've added a few more triggers and players are dropped AT START.

Need O2, is it your joke about ban? >.< If you're still here, can you look in my map please, do you have a time?

P.S. -.-
I am a bit lost. I rehosted with the same people and now we played fine.
The game when they were dropped one of the guys used spoofer. Usually maphacks have inbuilt spoofers so I become more and more sure that someone's maphack causes it ...

Last edited:
Level 5
how did they disconnect?
did it show the lag screen or did they directly disc?
If it was directly for all players, then its most certainly your map, it it show the lag screen then its probably just the internet connection.

Level 12
No, they just get "You're disconnected" instantly.

Also I've replaced some triggers which are timed and use the same variable for each player (i.e. to change weapon in hands takes some time and I've got bugs when 2 people do it at the same time, so I've finally used the player indexing method), but I doubt it changes something.

I've heard that the creator of "Heroes and Armies" had similar bug and he fixed it, so I am trying to track him in the battlenet.

Level 5
Recall when they were disconnected and use the time time as a guideline, if say its 5 minutes in gametime, this means there is some trigger problem at around that time.
So track it that way.

Few reasons might be using "matching player" in a trigger, where there is no matching player, waiting for conditions when there is 1 same condition for 2 different things, using loop actions and pause though should not create disconnections.

Level 12
The problem is, the players are not disconnected all at once. I.e. one game all were dropped at start, another game 3 of 5 were dropped and remaining 2 were ok for an hour until we quit.

Level 5
who knows then, have some1 else host it and you play as blue or different than host color and see.
or just finish the map and test it extensively then.

otherwise this is all going into speculation. this will be my last post on this topic.

Level 12
Thank you. Anyway I tried everything (and was disconnected as blue) and noone wants to look into my map so I guess this thread gets [ignored]/[unsolved] prefix. I'll try to look for that man who solved it instead.

Level 12
Well, I still return to this thread because it's not a global trigger issue... For some reason TEAL player [3] is always ok, he is not dropped in any case. The first to be dropped is 4th player, then 2nd can drop (or at the same time with 4th). The strange thing is that I don't have player-specific triggers, all of them are working for ALL players (or for random player).

Level 6
Thank you. Anyway I tried everything (and was disconnected as blue) and noone wants to look into my map so I guess this thread gets [ignored]/[unsolved] prefix. I'll try to look for that man who solved it instead.

You'd um, have to attach the map to the post. Don't ask us for help and expect us to dig around for the map. Or atleast post all the triggers in question, not just one.

I had a similiar problem with one of my first maps when I did not know how to use jass.

Your players will drop like flies when you mix too many timers with blizzard functions.

I use plenty of waits in the current map I am working on..well, I actually use a whole bunch of them, but none more than an actual second. I haven't had players desyncing or dropping yet, so I will throw my vote in with waits not being the problem, just that you have too much code/too many timers going on at a time.

However, I don't use many periodic trigger timers. I would suggest mushing whatever timers you can together, and throw in a small wait time between code to help smooth out lag. See if that helps any.

On another note, jass up your triggers and get rid of any blizzard functions you can and use natives, the extra speed should help sync issues.

Level 12
I haven't used any manipulations with camera. Anyway I requested twice, can anyone look into my map? I don't want to show unprotected versions to anyone. If someone can helm me I will send PM with the link.

Level 6
I haven't used any manipulations with camera. Anyway I requested twice, can anyone look into my map? I don't want to show unprotected versions to anyone. If someone can helm me I will send PM with the link.

Then you won't get any help. You can't have your cake and eat it to. In order for us to debug it or even speculate on it we need to see what you did or even pieces of what you did.

Its disrespectful to ask for help on these forums and expect us to pop answers out of our ass because you won't and/or don't provide the information needed.

Level 12
I meant I can PM anyone who can try. I just don't want for a random passer-by to get it and all the resources from it which are credited. I saw too many maps without credits. I will pm to everyone to all who answered in this thread in case they can look into it :).

It's not because "I want to eat my own cake", there's not too much done by me yet, I am just afraid that models from the map will go somewhere uncredited and in this case I will fill my fault in it.

Level 12
It took a while, here's a map.

It doesn't drop people during the play anymore.
However it drops SPECIFIC players on start. Not slot-specific, but user-specific.

Whenever I host some people from my friedlist are dropped on start.
If I use ghost bot it tells me "warning! Desync detected!" 3 times, I think because I have 3 more players with me. But only specific players are dropped as I told.

If I host it with a bot it's even more weird.
We get a server split with the same people which are dropped if I host without a bot.
Example: I host my map with a bot. I start it and noone is dropped but some people are playing on "another map": we share the chat but events are different; on my map they are inactive (their units do nothing) and on their map I am inactive, and stuff, like we play on different servers (but still with the same chat). Also the bot announces "warning! Desync detected!" 3 times when the game starts.

Attachments

• wasteland0.2w.w3x
    4.4 MB · Views: 76
Level 12
I will try to make one, just explain what do you expect of it? I mean, nothing happens to them, they are just dropped at start.

Because you suggest to look in replays, I think you have some idea. Can you explain it to me please? It may appear handy.

Level 6
wew, you already upload ur map..sorry didn`t notice that :|

replay? well, i usually used that way to find rare bug in my map, and always worked....ex: my friend played my map, and i dont know why, all players got disconnected, and after i check him in replay, he used hero B, and died with creeps. So i check that hero trigger, and fix it.

Level 12
The problem is that there's no need to look in replay: it's directly from the start, so there should be something in starting triggers/global triggers.

Also, in case if it helps, the popular map Undead Assault 2 has same issues about server split and desync.

Status
Not open for further replies.