• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My Third Terrain!

How good is it?

• 5/5 It's Awesome!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 Pretty good

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3/5 Good

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 2/5 It could use some work

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 1/5 Horrible!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
This is officially my third terrain, how does it look?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_020508_201431_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_020508_201431_02.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 170
Level 34
Not that great really. The path looks bad. The rocks do not suit the cobble. The trees seem wrong in th background. Can't put my finger on it. It's the background that ruins this for me. I just can't decide why!

Not that great really. The path looks bad. The rocks do not suit the cobble. The trees seem wrong in th background. Can't put my finger on it. It's the background that ruins this for me. I just can't decide why!

I can help you. They're standing on what looks like air. It's alright overall, although:

• remove the trees in the background, make the cobble path continuing up a hill or something.
• lessen, shorten or change the grass around the path. Maybe even add a field with some short crops.
• stick to one type of tree in this picture. I think it'd look better if they were all the pines.
• change the road to stone path, and then adjust-tint the rocks so it fits better. I'd recommend a golden brown.

Nice for a third one though. And, something I say to most people, put 'em all in a showcase, it's easier for comparing, etc.

Level 4
I think u should stick to the tall trees and there is too much long grass. and the worse part is it stops right at the edge the path and the rocks are a good idea, but don't fit. You could add little more bumps and maybe a rock sticking out of the grass right? I'm a noobish terrainer.Only reason its o.k. is that it looks natural, but looks unnatural. Fix and it'll be great. (I have posted 0 terrain, I think I should start posting some).

Level 15
LoL,I didn't notice the trees at the end looked like they have no trunks. I think i'll change it to a hill overlooking a small village or something and make the path look more realistic along with getting rid of those trees, i thought they didn't look too good and I was going to get rid of them but decided not to. Hopefully i'll find time to update it during the week.

@ Belgarath: I would post a gallery but i only have 3 terrains to put in it and one of them isn't even on my computer.

Level 8
It's "good", but it's not that great and definably not as unique as your other work. I see what you tried to do with the rocks, but it just looks blech. You better just use normal sized rocks.

Level 15
I can see that you are greatly inspired by MadseN's terrains.Especially on the path.It is a good attempt but looks bad.Especially the path.Try to use better the grass models.

Inspired by MadseN's terrain? last time i looked at MadseN's terrain he didn't have anything like this, I was actually inspired by a picture at my school.
And like I posted earlier i'm going to change the grass and the path to look more realistic.

@~void~: How are the trees out of proportion, too big or too small?

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The background is good. The sky looks a bit weird, but I guess it's ok. The path, however, is not that good. The high amount of grass with cobble road do not fit, nor do the rocks that surround it.
I doubt anyone would build a cobble road in the middle of so many grass. You should either reduce the number of shrubs or place dirt around the path.
Also, the angle of the camera was not that good, it looks as if the road finishes right there, the rocks actually make it look like a disguised path end.
Rated it 2/5, for the reasons mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.