• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My terrain fog doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Or the way it works is pretty lame. I wanna make a fog that starts from the ground aka height = 0 and ends at level of a unit's chest for example. So just 1/2 a unit's height. And above the chest no fog. It could go gradually less and less dense so that above the chest is almost none. I played with Linear. Expotential 1,2, and what I got was either hurting my eyes from the entire map green or with Linear - just high in the map it's foggy and the ground has no fog at all..

Using Dungeon fog - Weather is not an option, that's a really bad fog. I need smth like a filter and the Terrain fog is fine but never covers from 0 to say 100 height.

Level 3
I think, the terrain fog from 0 to...i don't know..100 is just too thin, to see it.
Maybe you can download a model for clouds and cover your ground with them. When you additional use a fine terrain fog (e.g. from -1000 to 7000, color of your choise), then i think, that should give a much better atmosphere than simple terrain fog at the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.