• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Terrain Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to post Photos of my terrains here since well they are just going to be buried in the Media section. Enjoy!

Terrains

GIF

full

syl-gif.291173

full

full

Pictures

frigid-fray-jpg.293479

A link to my Album: Terrains | HIVE
A link to my Playable Terrains: Template | HIVE

Have Fun!
P.S "I really need to learn photoshop to give depth to some details of my terrain."
Need some tips and trick on how to improve my terrains.
Going to add the rest of the terrains after I'm done editing them.

Attachments

• Naaru.gif
    Naaru.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 368
  • Child.gif
    Child.gif
    8.3 MB · Views: 203
  • Kraken.gif
    Kraken.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 569
  • Syl.gif
    Syl.gif
    10.7 MB · Views: 1,157
  • Frigid Fray.jpg
    Frigid Fray.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 836
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Good stuff.

Careful with how you place glows though, when they overlap with other models e.g. rocks they create a fugly line.

It was more jarring in the screen you removed, but you can still see it in the new one by that draenei in the foreground.

Place the glow models closer to the camera, "in front of" the objects.

Good stuff.

Careful with how you place glows though, when they overlap with other models e.g. rocks they create a fugly line.

It was more jarring in the screen you removed, but you can still see it in the new one by that draenei in the foreground.

Place the glow models closer to the camera, "in front of" the objects.
I made a newer version of the Draenei Terrain but still can't upload it cause I need to add a little touch using photoshop and I'm also going to express this that you're actually commenting on my terrain and that's like the best thing ever in my life, you're like the God of terrain art and I'm so fanboying rn.

Level 36
Call me an old fart, but I'm not sure what I think about this GIF idea.

To me it just makes the terrains a bit too chaotic, too much things happening in the form of movements and whatnot.
At least I think you should include still pictures as well as the GIFs for your terrains, as it makes the job of reviewing
them much easier. Anyway.

There's a lot of unit action going on in these scenes, and the two first ones are zoomed way too much in.
Units can sometimes add to a terrain, but they are difficult to use in a good way, mostly due to the fact that
unit models tend to be of much lower quality than the overall terrain models. Therefore you should use units
sparingly, in my opinion. A scene is most often much better without the clutter of unit models.

Actually, the zoom in the first one isn't all that bad, there's much too many units cluttered on the screen for my taste.
The second one, however, well. The fact that the Sylvanas model takes up nearly half of the screen is bad. The overall
unit clutter and particle clutter is bad, and the ground texture is rather bland and flat. I don't think there's much to be
done to save it, though.

The "lair of the kraken" terrain is weird, especially the overly glowing fog. There's too much intensity in it, and the rock
formations are a bit too jagged, while I do like the idea of the terrain, the execution could be better.

The final one is the best one by far in my opinion. It has a nice zoomed out view, units are used sparingly, there's no particular
over-the-top glowing particle stuff going on, and the reflection work is pretty well executed. My concerns with it is mostly in
relation to the background, I think the rock outcroppings or islands or what they are seem to be a bit too repetitive, and considering
they are mostly the only thing that make up the background, it is rather glaring. You should either consider adding a bit more detail
to them, or around them, or just generally make them a bit more varied. Maybe one of them could be "destroyed"?

There's also a slight hint of end-of-the-world going on, which would be rather easily fixed with some more layers of fog and maybe
some fogged out mountains or something in the background.

Overall, though, it is nice to see some fresh blood around here, I hope you stick around and make some more terrains for us.

Welcome to the Terrain Board ^^

Level 4
Really awesome! I would like to get that KRAKEN model for my next terrain "Abyssal Depths"

Would you be so kind to provide me with the model or download link?

Status
Not open for further replies.