• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My Peasant is turnin into a sword - Portrait Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have two questions!

First:

The first question is about models.
Im new to WE, and just started build a map.
Now of to my question! I wanted to make like an "own" hero, or just items..

- Own hero, change model to

I downloaded some models, but i dont know where to extract the files, sometimes it says "war3mapImported... couldnt" something, and doesnt work!

I just downloaded and Imported models from the "desktop"..

- And i downloaded a sword, it says put SearingBlade_Portrait.mdx in "Art - Model - Portrait" but i dont have that one, so where to put it? I searched on the forum but didnt find where to put it, some just said to changed it from mpq to mdx, but its already mdx, so im pritty confused :)

-Items , like a sword.. When a hero picks the sword he will get an sword (an model of an sword)

I imported a sword as i wrote before (didnt import the portrait.mdx tho) and i Make a Peasant and change the model so peasant gets it, when i take my peasant , the peasant changes to a sword -.-

And it says sometimes.. "Couldnt Import SearingBlade.mdl"

Second:

I forgot where my second question was.. :con:

Level 18
1) Follow the Import Tutorial. It will guide you through everything.

2) If you downloaded a model, it must have a MODELNAME.mdx and a MODELNAME_portrait.mdx file. Sometimes also a MODELNAME.blp file for a custom skin. The portrait files must have the same name as the regular, and add _portrait to it's name. Check the Import Tutorial for info about that.

3) You changed the entire model to a sword. What you need is not a sword model, but a sword attachment. Those are models that can be attached to certain parts of another model (like legs, head, chest, hands, etc.) I don't know exactly the name of the option, but there's a Attachment option for that in the Object Editor. Just use the search function (Ctrl+F) to search for 'Attachment', and you'll find where to do that. There should be an attachment tutorial too, but just check out the Tutorials section.

Status
Not open for further replies.