• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HOW TO CHANGE THE POINT WERE AN ITEM IS ATTACHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
OK I explain myself. I am not asking for help how to attach an item or how to change or add attachment point on a model. I am asking how do I let's say take a sword from a model (a footman for example) that I have detached from the model then make that sword into an attachable item?

I tried with a model from which I removed both sword and shield then I wanted to attache dthe models of the sword and shield using attachments, but the sword and shield are just attached way up. So I understand you have to specify were the sword and model (x, y, z coordinates) will attach itself on the attachment point. But this take probably a little editing with Magod Editor, and I don't know what to change or add on the sword and shield model.

Any body knows how?

Thanks!

Level 7
Nope. That is not hat I want to know. I Have have already removed both weapon and shield. I googled my question and I have found no answers yet. It is probably a quite simple answer for someone who has already modeled weapon attachments. I want to know how to work on the attachment model not the model receiving the weapons. I want to work on the sword and shield so the X-Y-Z position is right. Maybe I should repost with a better title.

Level 39
You need to give it exactly one attachment point called "origin" on the bottom of the handle of the sword. That will be the point on the sword model that it attaches to the footman. You can check out the Dragon Sword model in the tutorial Ned linked and see what its bones and attachment points are. That may help you understand what you need to do.

Also try this thread: add attachment points to custom models?

Level 7
You need to give it exactly one attachment point called "origin" on the bottom of the handle of the sword. That will be the point on the sword model that it attaches to the footman. You can check out the Dragon Sword model in the tutorial Ned linked and see what its bones and attachment points are. That may help you understand what you need to do.

Also try this thread: add attachment points to custom models?
Thank man! That is what I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.