• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to X_Y_Z an attachment model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
HI! I have removed the sword and shield of a unit model so the unit can be with or without weapon. But I have noticed when attaching back the sword and shield that the X-Y-Z position of the weapon and shield is all wrong. How do I edit the sword and shield model so they attach at the right position. This is a modelling question and not a question about how to attach a model. I know that. It is not about the unit either I know that. It is about making attachment models. So my question is how to I edit in Magos model editor the sword and shield.

Thank you!

I believe Magos' model editor will allow you to do it. Go to Windows > Model Editor, drag to select all the vertices, and then you can tap on the "Transformations" menu to bring up options for rotation, scaling, and translating. You can use translation to move the position around. Rotation will help you get the right angles.

I also wrote a mini-guide for another user, but it is for MDLVis. The same concepts should apply though:
Changing the rotation of an attachment

P.S. Member since 2004! Welcome back!

Level 7
I believe Magos' model editor will allow you to do it. Go to Windows > Model Editor, drag to select all the vertices, and then you can tap on the "Transformations" menu to bring up options for rotation, scaling, and translating. You can use translation to move the position around. Rotation will help you get the right angles.

I also wrote a mini-guide for another user, but it is for MDLVis. The same concepts should apply though:
Changing the rotation of an attachment

P.S. Member since 2004! Welcome back!
I see you are an oldie member like me lol. Actually I got part of mu answer from another post. I don't want to modify the x-y-z. What I understan I need to do is to add an origin point in Magos where the sword will attach. All I need to do is find out the position XYZ of the handle of the sword. I don't know then if selecting all the sword like you said will tell me the coordonates?

By the way I am redicovering WC3. It was a good game that some map makers simply made some little masterpiiece and fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.