• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Orc City (come and take a look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here's a few picture of a Orc city i'm gonna use in a campain!
And it would be nice if you could post a comment!

WC3ScrnShot_100204_014013_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_100204_014026_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_100204_014043_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_100204_014051_04.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_100204_014101_05.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_100204_014132_06.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_100204_014141_07.jpg

Level 13
I like the buildings itself and the idea with the barrel-wall, but the ground between the buildings lacks detail (add some doodads, whatever, I hope you see what I mean). Use noise to deform the ground and use smooth to make it look more natural. I think the area outside the city wasn't necessary atm, thats why you didn't place anything there, right?

Level 10
Maybe if you added a sky plz, and do with the terrain as Dark Shadow Said, and if i was an Orc warlord/Mayor of this city, then i wouldn't probably put Orc warlocks, more like catapults or grunts, and you could make the cliffs more chaotic, since it's natural, and if it wasn't(like as if it was Dugged) then i dont think they could make it so smooth, and it needs more variety in buildings.

The barrels, and the idea is good in itself.

Level 2
yo wolf... long time no post, hehe...

anyway, you wanted my input so here goes.

imho, the area looks a little plain without variations of building type/shape and ground height, but thats not a bad thing, its just all the same. A few more buildings of a different type/shape would fix that with some height variations on the ground.
Also, even though it looks great so far, it seems you have packed all the buildings a bit too tightly together and, like said by metabee and others, the ground lacks decoration...
A few well placed trees and other barrens style doodads can be helpful.
You may not have reached this part yet, but towns also have people in them :D

looks great so far, i hope i didnt offend you with any of my critisism... :cry: and i hope i helped you

Level 7
use more than 2 tiles for the streets, add doodads and use the noise tool(like darkshadow already said). except of that it looks nice

Level 9
Looks cool

It looks cool but be consistant with the barrels, like blocade the entrence with them a bit and maby have a trigger that causes barrels to fall over by a clumsy grunt or somin. (just some ideas)

Level 3
One thing that struct me as out-of-place was the Lordaeron Gate. :\

And I'll emphasize (yet another guy I know) the need for several different tiles for a "natural" road. Even dry Village Fall grass would not be out of place here.

Level 3
Aren't there a lot of custom orcish buildings and stuff you can get down at the gaiascape forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.