• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My model makes the WE crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was playing around with the model editor and gave grom's axe to a grunt, then when I imported the model(and restarted the editor) when I tried to give the model to a unit, the world editor crashed

What heppened? And how do I fix it?

I was playing around with the model editor and gave grom's axe to a grunt, then when I imported the model(and restarted the editor) when I tried to give the model to a unit, the world editor crashed

What heppened? And how do I fix it?
One of the most common reasons for a model to crash the editor is that one or more geoset animations get screwed up...

So:
Open your model in magos model editor (War3ModelEditor), go to Windows / Geoset Animations and delete all Geoset animations that have the Geoset ID: "none"

Then save the model, import to your map and check if it works this time.

Level 7
One of the most common reasons for a model to crash the editor is that one or more geoset animations get screwed up...

So:
Open your model in magos model editor (War3ModelEditor), go to Windows / Geoset Animations and delete all Geoset animations that have the Geoset ID: "none"

Then save the model, import to your map and check if it works this time.

Thanks but it only sort of worked. When I looked at the geoset animations, none of them had an ID, so I tried deleting all of them(I made a backup copy anyway). When I imported it to the map it worked but I can see the unit's bones, flesh and animation effects even when it's doing its stand animation i.e. He's standing and his skeleton and dead body are behind him. What do I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.