• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mac specific? WOW converted models crash editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, I just wanted to corroborate with anyone else whether this problem is mac specific or not. I've d/led the new Wow converted models, and after I imported them correctly, quit and restarted, whenever I try to have a unit use that model, the world editor crashes instantly. I even tryed to sneak it into the game, by assigning the model before I restarted the editor, and then when I tried to use it in game, it crashed the game. Normally there aren't too many differences between the mac and pc side in Warcraft as far as I'm aware, so I wanted to know if anyone's been experiencing this problem and what the fixes might be. I want to see onxyia in FT! :twisted:

Level 2
Hmm, I tested a few things, and found out that the LordKezzak reskin worked, as did the high elf female. I wanted to ask if someone could try the following: put up or send me a pm with the original lordkezzak or onyxia with the skin names in the model renamed to not have _ in them, so DragonOnyxiaSkin01.blp instead of DragonOnyxia_Skin01.blp. I'm not sure, but it's possible that that's causing the problem. If you're willing to help, thanks for the trouble.

Edit: Tried to convert the models on VPC, I think I succeeded, still no go. I think it has to be because of the fact that the skins supposedly don't show up in wc viewer or whatever, don't know why that is though. Anyway, any further research would be awesome.

Level 2
No, because the reskinned Lord Kazzak model works correctly. I also experimented by using random textures in place of the normal ones, and Onyxia loaded. It must have to do with the straight wow textures, all the ones that have been partially converted, like snaky's, work.

Level 25
I know other people can get Onyxia working

And I doubt its a mac only thing with her

But seriously, she's doesn't even LOOK like what she's ment to. She looks like a brzone dragon who's horns have been turned to face forwards and been given a spine on her back rather than what a TRUE Black dragon should look like, which is what the normal generic dragons look like in WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.