• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Maps messed up. WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. I have a map ive been working on for a very very very long time. And now everytime i try to run it, it gives me a critical error! I think it has something to do with the object data, because I tried exporting the object data and trigger data to put into a new map, then found that it was the object data that was causing the problem by only importing the object data and not the trigger data. When I imported only the trigger data it worked fine.

This problem mysteriously created itself after I imported a texture and changed the path to Units\Creeps\Zombie\ZombieA.blp.

The texture was specificaly designed for the zombie texture. I don't know why that would mess this up but somehow it did. Does anyone have a way to fix object data that is messed up or anything?

Also note that I even tried to delete the imported texture to fix it, but it still somehow remainded broken.

Map is attached. It is big because it has a few MP3s on it.

ALSO: THIS MAP CAN BE OPENED IN THE EDITOR, JUST NOT THE GAME!

Attachments

• Zombie Simulator 2.0.w3x
    14.6 MB · Views: 47
This issue may only happen due to either of:
1-Restarting your computer shortly after saving your map or shutting it down not via the normal way or shutting it without closing World Editor 1st.
2-Having modified a custom trigger in an unreasonable way by adding an unreasonable command or order to it.

As a result, the map will not view in game
32ssz.jpg

or might give errors sometimes at World Editor or causing it to suddenly stop working (Depending on which operating system you have), there's no way to unfix that unless you have a backup.

This issue may only happen due to either of:
1-Restarting your computer shortly after saving your map or shutting it down not via the normal way or shutting it without closing World Editor 1st.
2-Having modified a custom trigger in an unreasonable way by adding an unreasonable command or order to it.

As a result, the map will not view in game
32ssz.jpg

or might give errors sometimes at World Editor or causing it to suddenly stop working (Depending on which operating system you have), there's no way to unfix that unless you have a backup.

Your second theory is probably the correct one. Its got nothing to do with restarting my comp I already tried that many many times. Luckily, windows sever has restore previous version, which Is what I have done, and Now im working my way back up. Thank you for your help but theres nothing else I can do. And it isn't the triggers. The triggers operate fine. Somehow the object data is corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.