• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Last Thread: Race Defensive Thematics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Although this is my 2nd thread, it should be my last thread to bother this forum with.

I think that I have had the grand realization that I was searching and waiting for to solve all the problems of starcraft and the problem doesn't seem to start with zerg like I thought it did.

It just begins with a thought of why Terran do not have the legitimate option to expand first when they are more similar to zerg then they are to protoss? Terran is sacrificing economic time when their scvs construct buildings and drones are sacrificed for hatcheries, so why isn't expanding first viable?

The reason why it's not viable is because terran must build through barracks, bunker, AND THE OFFENSE used to fill that bunker.

How could this be fixed?

It could be fixed through race thematics of

Zerg: Reactive Quantity
Protoss: Aggressive Quality
Terran: Positional Ability

Upon completion of the engineering bay, it could unlock the ability of an scv to self construct in to a ground shooting missile turret for like 100 minerals. The build time of this missile turret could be about the time it takes for a spine crawler to root. This missile turret could be salvaged off for the 100 minerals returned which self-deconstructs the scv back to normal in about the same time.

This demonstrates the thematic of "Positional Ability"

Zerg on the other hand, could unlock the ability of drones to mutate in to broodlings on creep unlocked by the evolution chamber. The question would be whether sacrificing drones for broodlings would cost anything at all since broodlings would not be able to convert back in to drones. But the broodlings would stay alive on creep, regenerate their life on creep, but off creep, slowly lose their life instead.

This would demonstrate the thematic of "Reactive Quantity"

Finally, Protoss.

Protoss would now simply have that power of Quality and Aggression with their probes. So probes would become ranged in their attack, and move faster. I don't think it is necessary for the forge to unlock this... It would just be natural for probes because the forge unlocks defense that can shoot air and ground, which is naturally good but the photon cannon is limited by the pylon radius and is static, where broodlings are not static, and the fast building self constructing ground shooting scv transforming turrets can be built anywhere.....

Protoss could potentially hold off a turret rush with their probes alone....

Level 2
Anyways, I want to reach out to this community because I need help, starcraft needs help... because of this fundamental flaw of the game, and Blizzard will not believe it until they see it, or unless we take responsibility and start fixing and playing a game that makes sense on a whole nother level of logic.

Level 2
I wanted to add that, you might think that this would take the zergling rush out of the game, but I think that the zergling rush could stay in the game if drones could convert to broodlings off creep, of course, the broodlings slowly losing life off creep would keep it balanced.

So how does zerg 6 pool a prootss effectively who has ranged probes that move faster?

Simple... zerg just throws in an evolution chamber with their spawning pool...

Now zerg sends all drones with their zerglings.... converts drones in to broodlings as the zerglings arrive at protoss' base. The zerg could now beat ranged probes with the broodling in the mix....

The point is, if you're going to cheese, why not fully cheese?

Level 2
There seems to be one over arching point here, and that is that Dustin Browder's change of barracks unlocked by supply depot...

Both the colony queen idea, or the Thematic change idea would have worked to solve zerg's problem with the fast bunker rush...

Terran would have either been properly fixed to have the choice to expand first with the scv idea
Which would have allowed zerg to morph drones to broodling (have each race with their thematic defense)

Or zerg's creep colony before pool would have been fixed, and the creep colony would have done the damage it was suppose to do and had the mobility that it was suppose to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.