1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

My hero ideas! Check them out!

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Windu, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Windu

Windu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello guys!

I'm interested in creating a variety of heroes with synergetic abilities just for the fun of it! (Or if someone is interested in recruiting me for his/her project - please do so!)

Here is my first Hero I finished.

Earth Warden

Description:

Man'ju was born long ago in a village in the distant lands of Pandaria. He trained hard in the ways of the Earth. His training have made him a fearsome and durable warrior, capable of using the very ground beneath his feet. He can send devastating boulders and blows to crush his enemies but Man'ju is also master of protecting himself and his allies with the strength of the stone!

Abilities:

Rolling Boulder:

Sends a large boulder in front of him to damage all enemies in his path.

Level 1 - 75 Damage, 800 Distance
    Level 2 - 150 Damage, 800 Distance
    Level 3 - 225 Damage, 800 Distance
    Level 4 - 300 Damage, 800 Distance

Cooldown: 20/19/18/17 s
    Mana Cost: 90/110/130/150

Binding Slam:

Man'ju gains a chance to strike so hard that the earth around his target trembles, which results in AoE damage and slow on each attack. This effect is 100% triggered by using Rolling Boulder.

Level 1 - 7% chance, 30 AoE Dmg, 45% Slow for 1.5 s
    Level 2 - 8% chance, 40 AoE Dmg, 45% Slow for 1.5 s
    Level 3 - 9% chance, 50 AoE Dmg, 45% Slow for 1.5 s
    Level 4 - 10% chance, 60 AoE Dmg, 45% Slow for 1.5 s

Cooldown: n/a
    Mana Cost: n/a

Earth Shield:

Surronds his target with living earth fragments that give it a chane to get healed for 3% of its maximum HP everytime it receives damage.

Level 1 - 25% chance, 6 s duration
    Level 2 - 28% chance, 7 s duration
    Level 3 - 31% chance, 8 s duration
    Level 4 - 34% chance, 9 s duration

Cooldown: 27 s
    Mana Cost: 130

Earth's Might:

Summons the tremendous might of the Earth itself to grant reduced damage to all nearby allies for 7 seconds.

Level 1 - 35% damage reduction
    Level 2 - 45% damage reduction
    Level 3 - 55% damage reduction

Cooldown: 150/130/110 s
    Mana Cost: 195

Credits

Hanky for his awesome Indexing System
    Bribe for his awesome GUI Damage Engine
    -Berz-; The_Silent; Marcos DAB; Darkfang; RetroSexual for their 2D and 3D art!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The map to see the hero in action (and future heros I will make) is attached.

I know this is not the proper forum to ask this but if someone could suggest some improvement to the code or to the spell ideas - please do so! I am more then willing to improve myself. (That's why Iam here :) )

Any positive or negative comments with constructive content will be +rep'd !

Regards,
    Windu

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Binding Slam is too weak. It only enhances an existing skill with a very low chance. Either that or your tooltip does not explain when the roll processes clearly.

Earth Shield tooltip is incomplete as it does not mention what can trigger the heal roll.

3. Windu

Windu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, I'll update the descriptions then, as Binding slam gives that chance on attack, and a 100% proc chance when u use ur boulder.
    Earth shield - fixed.

Ty for mentioning that :)

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This makes the skill over powered against small damage that happens often such as from Blizzard.

5. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Add some knockback to the rolling boulder, maximize effect of other spells