• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first terrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
**not complete**

NOTE-its not so good because map was meant to be playable, and i didnt focus much on theese things...
Comments are welcome (read: god forbidd):grin:]

attachment.php

Attachments

• terr.JPG
    terr.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 560
well, the map was meant to be playable like 3 months ago, and it had fog in gameplay... some ingames... note: i removed fog due to lag

In fact, here you are Illidan (with night elves of course) and you ve discovered an epic city all in ruins... blahblahblah.. this project will never get revived anyway... it lags on athlon 3200+ with 1024ram and geforce7800

Attachments

• terr.JPG
    terr.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 274
  • Copy of terr.JPG
    Copy of terr.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Level 6
well, the map was meant to be playable like 3 months ago, and it had fog in gameplay... some ingames... note: i removed fog due to lag

In fact, here you are Illidan (with night elves of course) and you ve discovered an epic city all in ruins... blahblahblah.. this project will never get revived anyway... it lags on athlon 3200+ with 1024ram and geforce7800

Are u sure u added the environment fog, not the region effect?

Very good terrain :thumbs_up: , what are those vines near the Mountain Giant? They look weird, in a bad way.

Level 2
Assuming that you mean a "Third Person Shooter" Shados, they do in fact exist. Games like: Gears Of War and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter are TPS's.

As for the terrains seen previously in this thread, EXCELLENT JOB. I'm stunned by how what I've been doing pales in comparison. Really impressed.

Level 36
Yes it is OBVIOUSLY frames per second. First eprson shooter makes absolutely no sense when you're talking about lag in a wc3 project, even though fps doesn't matter THAT much in an RTS in comparison to a game like a first person shooter. Anyway, excellent job dude, it looks really great. Also: TPS doesn't exist, it's called Over-the-Shoulder-Camera, for example in the Resident Evil games. I have certainly never heard of TPS before anyway.

Where do you live?

in loznica, but i suppose thats best comp around here. I ve tested game on it( in one PC-CLUB, thats the server, and you can even play on it games, it doesnt damage anything, my uncle is holding it)
BUT it seems that limit isnt in graphic card, processor, or RAM. problem is that WC3 has it's own limits, so displaying 18000 doodads and destructables on such a small place is gonna lag.

Level 36
Yes hwere is defintely somethign wrong with your game, that or you have a massive spyware/malware/adware/virus problem and it's bogging down your system. I have a 64 MB ATI Radeon 7500, that's not even on the minimum supported list any more, and I can still run WC3 almost always lag free. My CPU is only a 2.0 GHZ P4 and I have not but 512 MB RAM. You my friend should be having no troubles whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.