• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, I was kind of bored so I decided to make a terrain to show you all. It's my first, so suggestions are welcome. It's just a simple bridge over the lake type thing.:grin:
fallterrainmr3.png

Level 13
As has already been said. Start off the terrain underwater (I tend to use the deeper water and then terrain raise it up into a sort of rough landfill.) Then smoothe it out and add in plateau edges as necessary.
Also it looks like your screenie is from in-game. You can take pictures from world editor by pressing the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
Also for the best pictures try going to view - game view settings. This adds in shadows/fog/sky (fog and sky added in scenerio - map preferences)
Looks good though.

Level 2
It looks cool.... but it dosent blend that well you are using an array of orange as your bace color in the picture but the greens in the picture sort of ruin it try changing the hue of the textures of the greener items so they are more orange. but i disagree with the people saying you should use the rase and lower feature instead of cliffs I think that you should make maps look like real life terrain not make something unrealistic if the piece of terrain is a lake use the rase and lower features if it is a river look at how soil is deposited in nature and depending on how fast the river runs and how high the river is more often then not it will look like a 7 turned to the right in the case of rivers with constant but low ammonts of water you ill find a u shape with the water in the bottom of the u in this case it is slow river but it holds alot of water such as the rhine the sides will be very indented but not cliff like but beacouse you cant create a hill that looks like the side of the rhine it is easyer and better to put cliffs in! im prolly gonna be told that im a noob for saying this just cus im new to wc3 map making

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.