• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Terrain - Mushroom Planet

Do You Like this Terrain?

• 1 (Terrible)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 2 (Bad)

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 3 (Ok)

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • 4 (Good)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 5 (Great)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here it is.. Hopefully you like it :hohum:

Attachments

• Shot 1.jpg
    Shot 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Shot 2.jpg
    Shot 2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Shot 3.jpg
    Shot 3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Shot 4.jpg
    Shot 4.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Shot 5.jpg
    Shot 5.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Level 9
It could use alot of work. Its kind of plain generic terrain. Lacks an atmosphere and is mostly overhead shots. You can see the edge of the terrain in one shot. Lastly your terrain lacks a focus, all of your screenshots just sort of display some random area full of random terrain. If this is meant to be playable that might be desirable but cinematicaly it dosen't look good.

Level 2
Very good terrain meow, I can tell u put a lot of work, but just as Dun said, it does need a bit more atmosphere

Also, nice texture variation, but there are some parts where it is a bit too drastic.

Level 34
Not bad. Some good tile variation. I've seen better mushroom planets though. One I remember had giant mushrooms with I thought was cool.

I agree with DungeonM. It seems a bit random. Looks like it could be playable, but I'm guessing it isn't.

Level 25
Good tilevariation, but the placement of your doodads look random and cluttered. The terrain looks very busy. Its not a great terrain, nor is it terrible. However, it is "OK" so that is what I voted. Keep on terraining! Its always good to improve your terrains too, even if they're not for a real playable map. :grin:

~Craka_J

Level 6
Good tilevariation, but the placement of your doodads look random and cluttered. The terrain looks very busy. Its not a great terrain, nor is it terrible. However, it is "OK" so that is what I voted. Keep on terraining! Its always good to improve your terrains too, even if they're not for a real playable map. :grin:

~Craka_J
Alright! That is what I will do!

Too random, bad choice of doodads, bad camera angle, good tile variation. Overall not too great, but there's always room for improvement.

Alright, thanks for the info

Level 34
There's nothing going for this terrain, its just a bunch of trees and mushrooms. And while others said the tile variation was good I disagree. Throwing down a bunch of random tiles dosen't make a good terrain. Even things in nature aren't that random, at least most of the time.

I disagree with your disagreement. I think tile variation can look fine random. I still sometimes just splotch it around.

Level 4
Pretty good for a first terrain :D The tile variation is good but the doodads sorta seem jumbled and random. The terrain just needs to be a bit less... messy... But good job :D

Level 6
I mean you should have something in focus, like a road in middle, a waterfall, a cool mix with terrain or doodads, while around it there is random doodads and stuff.
Ah, now I understand, next time I make terrain I'll try to keep that in mind. :grin: :thumbs_up:
I didn't say the tile variation was bad, it's pretty good, i was talking about the random doodad placement.
Thank you for that comment than.

Status
Not open for further replies.