• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Published!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Finally finded out how to use fog so it wouldn't become a black screen. So heres my first attempt at a non-playable terrain. Behold...

Nah, not that good. Just some mountain and not many doodads in it but it would only look stupid with rocks. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 218
Level 3
Very simple, you almost managed to pull it off. If you make the rocks huge and sink them into the sides of hills, they won't look dumb. Usually I tell people to use a lot of doodads, but I think that terrains that use little to no doodads and still look awesome are the best. It has lots of potential, but I think that it is a little too sparse. Either go with no doodads and work on the base terrain or add a few more to finish the effect.

tl;dr Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.