• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My first CTRL+Page up/down creations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Yes nothing spectaculair to announce but i just fucked with the CTRL + Page up/down things and made some things i've never made before and some turned out to be quite funny :)

Attachments

• BARRELGATE.JPG
    BARRELGATE.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 235
  • BURNINGHOUSE.JPG
    BURNINGHOUSE.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 220
  • SKULLPILE.JPG
    SKULLPILE.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 194
  • STATUEOFLIBERTY.JPG
    STATUEOFLIBERTY.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 242
Level 27
I ment something else ... but nevermind ..

Here is my BARREL HOUSE xD

Im very proud of it because its my first one i ever made and it isnt even looking that bad!

And as bonus i made a barren kitchen ( lol strange aye? :O )

Attachments

• BARRENKITCHEN.JPG
    BARRENKITCHEN.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 245
  • BARRELHOUSE4.JPG
    BARRELHOUSE4.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 166
  • BARRELHOUSE3.JPG
    BARRELHOUSE3.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 200
  • BARRELHOUSE2.JPG
    BARRELHOUSE2.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 208
  • BARRELHOUSE1.JPG
    BARRELHOUSE1.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 189
Level 8
Hehe goofy ideas but looking good!

A barrel city would be interesting but you dont want them all to blend into each other and take away the depth of the ciry

Level 8
CTRL+Page up/down ... one mate ?
I found out this trick a few days ago ... thanks to you guys ...
These ones are great ... and if you terrained, this just gives to so much additional options ... nice pictures ...

Thumb up The_wand_mirror

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
even basic terraining for maps can use this to a good extent, im making a map where units can walk on the roots of the world tree model and hop across mushrooms growing on the side of the tree

Level 7
Ok, I tried doing this.. And can't get it. Do you do ctrl + pup and ctrl + pdo while you are placing it or while editing something? lol I really wanna make shit like wand is doing :D

Level 27
Here is more,i managed to create a barrel tower with a peasant,catapult and a mortar team upon it the summit surrounded by fences and a stairs made of Tables and Summit entrance ladder of Hitching posts :)

It doesnt look this good because its still practice and experiments aye xD

Attachments

• BARRELTOWER.JPG
    BARRELTOWER.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 127
  • BARRELTOWER2.JPG
    BARRELTOWER2.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 129
  • BARRELTOWER3.JPG
    BARRELTOWER3.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 111
  • BARRELTOWER4.JPG
    BARRELTOWER4.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 129
Level 8
Well, seeing these ones ... I got a question ... is there a way to add shadows to these "unit/doodads" like this catapult or mortar team ... the only option I thought of, is to create a Doodad like these ones, and just give them the "shadow" model ... after this you just page it up, to right positon ...

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 7
very talented indeed mr mirror, i like the way you used tables as stairs, i didnt notice until last picture, and you seem to like the usage of the model Peasant, i would prefer on top of the stairs to have an archer/gunman, that would look effective, but theres one prob. on the barrel tower the stairs get overlapped by a barrel

how do you make the ctrl+page up/down thing? i cant do it. :sad:

select a/many doodads hold CTRL and press Page Up/Down, if you have the standard english keyboard, not a mac then the Page Up/Down is situated by the Numlock and Keypad 7 button, the 2 Ctrl buttons are situated under either Shift Buttons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.