• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My first crappy attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first attempt to create a human face. I know that looks crappy but please do not say 'omg this is the crappiest thing I have ever seen' or even neg-rep.

I am going in the right direction, because now I will be making the head behind? It is suppose to be warcraft style, not something detailed. You notice that it is hard edge, this only for now, then i will look for some smoothing.

Last edited:
Nah, mask attachments are useless.

Here is an update LOLZ! Hope it now does not look like a mask

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 113
Level 8
from the looks im guessing you either used a sphere or geosphere...its good for a start but sphere/geo dont wont out after awhile and you'll want better which is why you should start scratch modeling now, i mean he faster you start at it the better and faster you'll become at it..remember that the head has to be the hardest so you should work on some body pieces on the side and then connect them..

hopefully you know that wc3 doesnt support super high polied models so i would try to keep them down abit by snapping and welding some verts that are un-needed (if they have those tools in 3dsmax since i use ms3d) but again its a good start you'll get better every time you practice so..practice alot

Status
Not open for further replies.