• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first *complete* skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I worked on this for several hours and feel that it is a good skin. Everything that is edited is freehand except for the hair-- I used filters for that :O)

Comments appreciated!!! ~frankie11

Attachments

• Arthas.jpg
    Arthas.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 493
I downloaded the skin you uploaded from the resource section and applied
it to the Arthas model via Warcraft III Viewer.

I'm guessing you are using some of these skinning techniques.
The armor parts are oversmudged, wich looks very nasty. I suggest you take a look at TDR's skinning tutorials.

Attachments

• arthaswrap.jpg
    arthaswrap.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 356
Level 15
You might want to have it in that way, but an improvement could be that you use some different colors, like red in outer parts of the shoulderpads and chest. I don't know why you have those straight lines over whole armor, it doesn't look like "scars". Plz remove them.

Anyways, good skin for being first skin.

Level 9
I have finished the skin. I redid the cape and dulled down the "scratch n' dent" hope you like it!

EDIT: To Revolve-- If you like this version better tell me. (The one w/ garnet shoulders.)

Attachments

• Arthas copy.jpg
    Arthas copy.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 167
  • Arthas3.BLP
    78.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Arthasxpmt.jpg
    Arthasxpmt.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 178
Level 9
Well, god sor- effing -ry but that IS the point on CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE. Not, "this s*** sux- do this, do that." I think the lighting is fine for the style I'm trying to achieve. And btw- that chainmail looks FINE in-game. Anyways, what I'm trying to tell you is- I'm much less receptive to comments that are not backed up and are just meant to bring someone else's work down.

Level 15
No, the new version doesn't look so much better. It looks like a recolor, and it seems that you just picked a place and colored it. Test to color some more places, and change the color to a more "redder" (not so much recolorish) one.
Still, i think you could remove the straight lines that are supposed to look like scars - they ruin the effect.

Level 18
Ok well let's see
Let me "critique your skin"
Lessen your shading, there is too much
Do something besides chainmail, maybe just plain plate armor
And I would leave the hair like it was in the original skin

Level 17
What I can suggest is changing the design on the book, and on the inside, but remember that page gets mirrored. His belt buckle looks very good, is it like that medieval archery rose thingybob? The platemail is good except it looks too white, it could use darkening. The chainmail on his leg is good. Next time could you please attach the original wrap so we can easily compare. Yes, shading on the hair would do well. Other than that your skin is of good standards! +Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.