• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The armor/cape is 100% freehand (except chainmail). On the Armor/Cape, there are no filters.

This isnt completed, I only want you guys to critque the armor, and give me an idea of how you think the progress is going. I know Jaina is skinned alot, whatever, im starting off easy, becasue this is my first time ever picking up a brush in photoshop...

TEMPORARY PARTS:
I dont like the cape, I just drew it out real quick to give a more complete look to the character, because thats gonna be the color scheme for it.

The chainmail was done with a simple trick using the staind glass filter. I might keep it, I might try some other shit out, be it freehand or not, who knows.

FLAWED AREA's:
The design on the boot is a bit crooked, i know. Its becasue I was trying to get it to wrap correctly, and to some degree I have, though the model surface of the boot is a bit wierd for a plate mail boot.

Also, the 2 gems arent matching in thier edges, that will be fixed.

Im still thinking of an idea for the skin/hair/staff.
I will be completely redoing the face.

Jaina1.jpg

Jaina%20pic.jpg

Level 4
YEah, he bracers/arm/thigh could use better lighting.

What do you think I should do with the chainmail?
Make it smaller, try for a different pattern?
I'm mainly concerned about the wrap, and making it look good ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.