• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Some of my latest drawings:

Zameczek.jpg

(WIP)

Hephaestos4.jpg

Wip

Pjes.jpg

WIP

Randomchick3.jpg

WIP

sketches.jpg

Landscape2.jpg

Wip

gory.jpg

WIP

CustomFotoM1.jpg

Alternative Version

Einsztajm.jpg

Still somewhat off

druid 001.jpg

inkwizytor 001.jpg

Almost finished

ttt 001.jpg

city 001.jpg

WiP

samael 001.jpg

gearmancer.jpg

General idea was to do a "machine necromancer"

grenade 001.jpg

archer 001.jpg

trashman 001.jpg

Your urban superhero

robot sketches 001.jpg

hellhoun 001.jpg

A quick concept sketch

Pjes 001.jpg

Same drawing 30 minutes later

Gladiator 001.jpg

I recently started drawing characters on an a3 sheet, and i've gotta
say I'm more than happy with this format as it allows for more details
and freedom. Unfortunatelly as i don't own a a3 scanner and lightning
at my place is kinda shit photos didn't come out as good (even though
i used multiple light sources in order to get dispersed light)

Guardian angel.JPG

garren.jpg

A piece of lol fan art i drew for my friend.

space pirate.JPG

I thought I'd go with a mix of traditional look and
elements of futuristic equipment.

assorted sketches.jpg

IMG_3591.JPG

IMG_3655.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 316
  • Pjes 0012.jpg
    Pjes 0012.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Level 6
I'm using a graphical tablet to do all the digital work, most of those pictures were done from scratch in photoshop with chalk brush with pen pressure control on and most of the times with opacity control on (it's called transfer in cs5 and above) - opacity control is good for soft shadows and mixing colors and I'm only using a regular brush for strong accents and when i need something evenly colored. I alternate between 3 drawing modes - Normal, Multiply and Color.
Normal is what i mostly use to get work done, Multiply is good for shadows as with each stroke it gives you a darker hue(you have to be careful with it thought especially when using light colors), and color for subtle hints like a shade of pink on the nose/lips. It's hard to explain you'd have to experiment yourself ;].
Also sometimes it's better to scan a hand drawn picture as it's easier to get a precise linework via traditional media because of the eye to hand coordination that's hard to get while using a graphical tablet(well it is possible with cintiq but dat shit costs 8000 bucks). I hope this helped, and thanks for the comments :D.

Level 5
Yeah, helped alot!

I've been thinking about buying a tablet for some time but, I want a good one, and those cost money. Some day though...

Keep up the good work!

Level 6
Glad i could be of help ;], as for the tablet i recommend buying Intuos L if you have the funds or Wacom Bamboo - it's good enough for start and it's reasonably cheap.

Level 6

Demon.jpg

WIP

Demon2.jpg

Updated

Demon3.jpg

Redid Some of the background, also drew the rest of his legs

Tried a different more traditional approach mixing multiple colors with transparency control like a paint instead carefully choosing darker hues of the same color. Even though i have to switch colors constantly it's definitely faster
this way - this one took me about an hour compared to the paint over i did on Hellhound which took me almost 3 hrs.

Last edited:
Level 6
I did sell the paintings ;], it's a shame though that you can barely make a living with traditional art such as landscapes/portraits etc. And as for digital ones i'm currently working something out.

Level 2
I am in love with the medieval village painting. Also would like some of that patience to practice with multiple mediums rather than just one.

Level 6
Yeah I know I still have much work on anatomy, and perspective's a bitch when it comes to human form ;s. Truth be told I never bothered much about measuring proportions and such as I had a good eye for details I never really needed it during art classes, but drawing a character from memory is a whole different story. It's not the first time i heard about drawing from reference but still not too keen on drawing something off the picture, It has to do with my attitude - Always resented the textbook approach as I like figuring things out on my own, and finding a way that best suits me - what i do is observe in nature how certain objects behave, how light reflects off certain textures and try to recreate it as I'm drawing, only using references when I'm not familiar at all with certain subject like animal anatomy. It's a hard way but it carries a lot of satisfaction and learning things from scratch pays off in terms of creating your unique style. Anyway Thanks ;]

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm currently working on reviving some of my older works.
This is my first attempt so far.

Demon Lord.jpg
A piece i've made back in 2010 - One of the first things i drew using a graphic tablet.

Demon Lord (2).jpg
First draft, about an hour of work so far.
I'll upload a new picture every step of the way.

demonlord.jpg
A more complete sketch.

demoncolor.jpg

demoncolor2.jpg

demoncolor3.jpg

Last edited:
Level 5
Wow! They're both pretty cool. Altough the original is a bit messy, unclear. The lines are not very well defined, imo.

I'll be waiting for that remake!

Level 6

Aztec city2.jpg

Still a long way to go on this one, this is but a concept sketch

morda.jpg

In order to speed up my workflow I've started doing some fast sketches - this one took me around 20 minutes.

Level 6
Yeah i didn't get into much detail yet that's why there is so much transparent brush, it's still all sketchy ;].

Jester.jpg

A random piece i've made today, I didn't really have a concept to begin with ;p.

Last edited:
Level 6
Just a random doodle i did today.

shaman.jpg

Just a sketch, i'm going to add some more details define
more shadows, and maybe color it.

Level 6
All of theese painting look great, I even copied one for an art project you earned my rep!
Thanks Man ;]

Here are some of my latest pieces in chronological order, sry for the shit quality of the drawings - my scaner broke recently and my place isn't well lit ;p.

Skeletonrobot.jpg

Chick.jpg

Froglodyte.jpg

Angel of Death.jpg

tonguebeast.jpg

MindHound.jpg

IronKnightArmor.jpg

crescent mountain.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.