• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My client is 1.27. Can I just install 1.30.4 files or do I need more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey,

Long story short, I haven't played WC III for a while and have zero interest in Reforged. I would however like to play some custom campaigns now but turns out that my 1.27 version seems to be out of date for some custom campaigns.

Since I heard about the horrors of Reforged forcing an installation if I try to update through Battle.net, I don't want to try that route and started to Google. Found this:

Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files
In this thread I found 1.30.4 files.

Two questions:
1. Is 1.30.4 a "safe" patch without any damage caused to old content or should I choose some other?
2. Do I need to install any other patches or can I jump from 1.27 to 1.30.4 by just installing the files and be good?

Thanks!

Level 2
Well, I also tried the backup files because I could not get a custom campaign from here to work and still didn't (does not appear in the list).
Fyi, you will have to move the custom campaign files to [your documents location]\Warcraft III\Campaigns.
Also, for some reason the normal campaign would always load Frozen Throne for me, not sure if that was related to the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.