• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom games don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, at least the ones I made don't :p I'm sure i'm not the only one suffering with the same issues, and I feel kinda bad making all these complaints as i'm sure Blizzard is scrambling to fix things....Right now I'm just trying to figure things out so I can continue playing and map making again :p

So like the title says and the pictures shows, I can no longer open or play my custom maps. They won't load in the new map editor ether :(

I select my first map "GOOD&EVIL" and i get that empty screen....So I tried opening my second map "Good & Evil II" and it just crashes upon selecting it! XD Shiver me timbers!!! Arrrr.......

My only hope for now is i'm gonna try downloading Patch 1.30.4 Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files I'm not sure if it will return things back to normal, but if anyone out there is also suffering with the same issues, you may wanna try this also ?

I have 6hrs left remaining on the download, but I'll update and let you know if It allowed me to play my maps again :p

Also, if anyone has a solution to this problem i would very much love the help :)

Attachments

• Blabla.png
    Blabla.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 146
Level 7
Try setting the editor to SD/standard/Classic first and then open the map and then use the test map option.
Oh hey man! Thanks! :D It took me a little while to figure out how to set it to standard :p Unfortunately while trying to load my map "Good&Evil II" It's stuck loading the 2757 number of triggers slowly, one by one :p I'll update if it ends up working :p
THanks again! :)

Level 7
Weird. Did you write/use any trigger comments?
Hmm the only thing i can think of is I downloaded a custom spell and the trigger for Item stacking..

Well, the map ened up loading in the editor...buuuuut...after hitting the test map it froze my computer for a little then crashed the game with no error message back to the desktop :p

Thanks for the help anyways :) I'm hoping by downloading patch 1.30.4 it'll alow me to play again :) *Fingers crossed*

Level 7
Hi, sorry for being dumb but how do you set the editor from reforged to classic? Thankyou in advance.
Oh hey no worries, it took me a while to figure out too :p When the editor is open, click on file next to Edit, and near the bottom it says "Preferences" Once you click on that it will open a menu and at the bottom you'll see something that says "Asset Mode" and you just gotta change that from HD to SD :) Hope that helps, I can post a screen shot if you have any troubles finding it :)

Level 2
Oh hey no worries, it took me a while to figure out too :p When the editor is open, click on file next to Edit, and near the bottom it says "Preferences" Once you click on that it will open a menu and at the bottom you'll see something that says "Asset Mode" and you just gotta change that from HD to SD :) Hope that helps, I can post a screen shot if you have any troubles finding it :)

Found it! Thank you good sir! :peasant-smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.