• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music PlayList

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently i steped over a old pos from Vexorian http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=7784. According to this Post, Music is nothing as a String containing MusicFile-Paths seperated with ";".

I Tried that on those two:
  • native SetMapMusic(string musicName, boolean random, integer index) : nothing
  • native PlayMusic( string musicName) : nothing
    • Before calling PlayMusic, I called clear MuiscList and stop Music
worked quite good with (most) default Music contained in Warcraft 3.

Then i started to use imported MP3-Files. For some reason, i'm not sure right now, some of this imported files were no valid Files for beeing part of a playList, therefore Warcraft 3 skiped setting the playList on that try.
An example of this invalid playList Files are the 3 Win7 example Music Mp3-Files.
Kalimba / Sleep Away / Maid with the Flaxen Hair

Which reasons could be excluded are:
  • Spaces in Filename:
    • Kalimba.mp3/Sleep Away.mp3 both were no valid playList arguments.
  • Subfolder
    • regardles of the naming and positionating of Kalimba/Sleep Away; they were no valid PlayList Members.
  • FileSize
    • the biggest one of win7 has 8 mb, but a working argument for the playList had over 10 mb.
But this invalid PlayList arguments could be played as single arguments quite fine.

After I checked them with notepad, the working mp3s just ended with a letter. The Win7 files ended with counting up tags: Music Details shown in the OS, followed by spaces and some kind of FEMALE SIGN( dat one ♀)
That hasn't really to mean something cause HumanX1 ends with it too, hmm.
And HumanX1 is a valid PlayList argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.