• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #6 - Theme Poll

Which theme should be picked? Choose your favorites.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasy race - Contestants are to create an ethnic song regarding the culture of a fanstasy-themed race. It may be based on any race: orcs, night elves, skaven, ewoks, lovecraftian, protoss, or even an original race created by the author.

Nerdy Fantasy/Love Crossover - Create a musical piece featuring a budding romance between nerds.

Tension/Horror - Making the listeners stay on alert, it should keep them uncomfortable. Make them expect for something.

Stealth Music - The ones you hear from Call of duty missions(some of them), Hitman soundtracks, splinter cell maybe etc..
- Call of Duty 4 Sniper Mission Music
- Stealth Music - Space
- Assassin's Creed 2 OST / Jesper Kyd - Stealth (Track 25)
- Stealth Music - Silent Assassin
- Hitman: Blood Money OST - 07 - Amb Zone

Future Garage - Here are some examples:
- Aaron Static - I Won't
- Alivvve - Eternity
- Phaeleh - Should Be True
- Tom Day - Who we want to be
- Tom Day - Going Home

Apocalyptic music - It should express the destruction the apocalypse caused, how empty a person can feel, left alone, lost many friends and family members etc. The only thing to do is to survive:
- 28 Days Later Theme/In the House, In a Heartbeat - John Murphy
- 7 days to die Theme Song (I can tell this was inspired from 28 days later theme, inspiration is nothing bad though this one is awesome too)
- Metro 2033 - Guitar Soundtrack
- Marilyn Manson - Resident Evil Main Title Theme (Corp. Umbrella) (SX Long)

Fantasy - Compose music based on one of the approved maps or hosted projects. I was envisioning it being more on the open-ended side of things where each entrant could pick a map of their choice as their inspiration. Most Wc3 maps pretty easily fall into a high fantasy genre, which I think is a somewhat broad but not hopelessly basic theme for a composition, but there are many other styles of wc3 maps. There are definitely a number of space/future maps, some based on/in water, maps like LoaP/Mafia that are more modern urban, and then things like minigames which may have their own style to be picked up on (what would Warlock music really sound like if it didn't use Storm, Earth & Fire for 100% of the game). I think it would be cool to hear people design a short song for an Uther Party minigame or a cinematic battle between demons and humans or for something like those tank sliders games we played at the mapping event.

Matt Uelman style - Keeping it ambient but memorable melodies at the same time. Hard to do, but so good when it works.

Love type - explainable on itself.

Pop-music - 'pop music include an aim of appealing to a general audience, rather than to a particular sub-culture or ideology, and an emphasis on craftsmanship rather than formal "artistic" qualities.' ex.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Theme Discussion
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The poll will close on January the 19th. You can vote multiple themes, that however does not imply that you should vote all of them. Choose carefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.