• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Murloc Merchant Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Can someone edit Ujimasa Hojo's Bamboo Merchant model to make it more like a murloc's marketplace?
All I need is to get the the carpet and rolled carpet to get removed, and maybe add a bit of team color? Please show a screenshot if you're done.
Thanks. And if you don't think I have permission, check my conversation with him.

Attachments

• BambooMerchant V1.04.mdx
    76.1 KB · Views: 51
Level 26
Can someone edit Ujimasa Hojo's Bamboo Merchant model to make it more like a murloc's marketplace?
All I need is to get the the carpet and rolled carpet to get removed, and maybe add a bit of team color? Please show a screenshot if you're done.
Thanks. And if you don't think I have permission, check my conversation with him.

Permission from who? That's the ingame goblin merchant tho. Permission isn't an issue here.

different |ˈdɪf(ə)r(ə)nt|
adjective
1 not the same as another or each other; unlike in nature, form, or quality : you can play this game in different ways. | ( different from/than) the car is different from anything else on the market.
• informal novel and unusual : try something deliciously different.
2 distinct; separate : on two different occasions.

unique |juːˈniːk|
adjective
being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else : the situation was unique in modern politics | original and unique designs.
• particularly remarkable, special, or unusual : a unique opportunity to see the spectacular Bolshoi Ballet.
• [ predic. ] ( unique to) belonging or connected to (one particular person, group, or place) : a style of architecture that is unique to Portugal.

I think it fits. The building is similar but not the same hence the words apply. If you want I can take a picture of both and make a list of all the differences? The above are from the standard built in dictionary on my computer.

On-topic: I wish I could help but I can't.

Level 26
different |ˈdɪf(ə)r(ə)nt|
adjective
1 not the same as another or each other; unlike in nature, form, or quality : you can play this game in different ways. | ( different from/than) the car is different from anything else on the market.
• informal novel and unusual : try something deliciously different.
2 distinct; separate : on two different occasions.

1 Think of the model as a car. If you now paint the car with a custom paint job, it doesn't change the car. It's not that different. There's a minor difference, but the car as a whole has not really changed. It's still the same car. Still the same kind of car. A mass produced kind of car.

2 It is not distinct, it is not seperate. It's a modification of something already created.

unique |juːˈniːk|
adjective
being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else : the situation was unique in modern politics | original and unique designs.
• particularly remarkable, special, or unusual : a unique opportunity to see the spectacular Bolshoi Ballet.
• [ predic. ] ( unique to) belonging or connected to (one particular person, group, or place) : a style of architecture that is unique to Portugal.

• The model isn't the only one of its kind. Many people have added birth and team color to ingame buildings. This practice isn't exactly now. It's several years old. Things like these are stuff you could find in 2004. I myself made similar buildings such as these, because it's a very good modeling training. However, no one would upload them, because no one would approve them. Just like this one wasn't. The files was spread back then using Pastebins, or they may have utilized another means of sending the files, like MSN, Skype, Rapidshare ect.

• It is not unique, as "style of architecture" is Blizzards.

If you need to look up wikipedia to prove a point about something you're clearly wrong about, you're grasping at straws here. Anyhow, I was in the mood to help before, but with all this idiocy here, I'm not really anymore.

Level 25
1 Think of the model as a car. If you now paint the car with a custom paint job, it doesn't change the car. It's not that different. There's a minor difference, but the car as a whole has not really changed. It's still the same car. Still the same kind of car. A mass produced kind of car.

2 It is not distinct, it is not seperate. It's a modification of something already created.

• The model isn't the only one of its kind. Many people have added birth and team color to ingame buildings. This practice isn't exactly now. It's several years old. Things like these are stuff you could find in 2004. I myself made similar buildings such as these, because it's a very good modeling training. However, no one would upload them, because no one would approve them. Just like this one wasn't. The files was spread back then using Pastebins, or they may have utilized another means of sending the files, like MSN, Skype, Rapidshare ect.

• It is not unique, as "style of architecture" is Blizzards.

If you need to look up wikipedia to prove a point about something you're clearly wrong about, you're grasping at straws here. Anyhow, I was in the mood to help before, but with all this idiocy here, I'm not really anymore.
"Therefore, I see no point in continuing this. I leave you to your inaccuracies. Good bye."
Herp derp.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Generally, MiniMage, I agree with you on such matters, but especially here:
...2 It is not distinct, it is not seperate. It's a modification of something already created....
I'm not sure what you mean. Would you consider DotA to not be 'distinct' or 'separate' from (regular/vanilla/classic) Warcraft 3? It is a 'modification', and in my mind, while it subsists almost entirely of in-game assets, it manages to combine them in a way unique to & from the game itself. It is it's own, new entity.

Generally, while I agree it can't be said that Ujimasa "made" the Goblin Merchant model, he did model-edit the thing that Planking Wolf wants modified; thus, as the "creator" of that "resource", he should be getting permission. At least in my mind.

However, you raise pertinent & thoughtful issues about the nature of creativity, ownership and 'being'. I'd love to continue this (regrettably off-topic) conversation elsewhere. :p

~~~

ON-TOPIC: No clue how to help you there, man.

Level 10
Geez, thread closed. I came here to request something, not to get my thread filled by a bunch of people.
Edit: He didn't just add team color and birth, he also added a base. Just to point out there.
And it's not nice to call that idiocy, for me, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.