• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Murloc Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
you could take the official textures and use that to make a low quality version (not cut and paste due to it being against this site's rules and it is illegal (maybe))

Edit: Try to use the Blizzard Marine for the texture of the stuff, less textures, less size.

Last edited:
Level 15
heh, i'd vote for DC ;))
i think murloc marine should be a last boss in my map... replacing the god of chaos... seeing as the murloc is WAAAAY more awesome...

Level 23
lol np :p Debode, you are correct though :p

Sadly, 67Chrome has not answered D:

And.... I have finished the mesh, but am not currently motivated to animate the chunk of metal that is his armour D: ............ Perhaps I should begin the meshes for the Zealot, Templars, Firebat, and Ghost... :p

Level 23
ok, anims are:
Land: Stand, Stand 2 (he looks around cautiously, pointy his gun :D), Stand-3 (Spins his gun in one hand. :p), Spell (fires missile :D as requested :p and shown by Blizzard's model :p), Stand Ready (Holds gun closer to his head, looking down the sight as much as possible :p), Stand Victory (ummm... gonna have to think of something. Any suggestions?), Death (Murloc Death), Death Decay (simply sinks. No bones showing at all. He's stuck in a suit :p), Walk ('slow' crouches and sneaks across the floor), Walk-2 ('faster' Runs "marine's walk anim"),

Water:
Stand-Swim (floats :D), Stand2-Swim (Looks around, floating), Spell Swim (fires rocket?), Stand Ready Swim (Holds gun, ready to shoot), Death-Swim (murloc death, and floats, losing the gun), Death Decay - Swim (sinks), Walk - Swim (bobbs in water. No need to actually animate him much at all), Submerge (sinks slowly), Submerge-Swim (what can I say, simple bobbing around? and a little leg action? :p), Surface (slowly, very slowly surfaces, like a noisless marine preparing to go on shore or spy on the enemy :D)

ok, anims are:
Land: Stand, Stand 2 (he looks around cautiously, pointy his gun :D), Stand-3 (Spins his gun in one hand. :p), Spell (fires missile :D as requested :p and shown by Blizzard's model :p), Stand Ready (Holds gun closer to his head, looking down the sight as much as possible :p), Stand Victory (ummm... gonna have to think of something. Any suggestions?), Death (Murloc Death), Death Decay (simply sinks. No bones showing at all. He's stuck in a suit :p), Walk ('slow' crouches and sneaks across the floor), Walk-2 ('faster' Runs "marine's walk anim"),

Water:
Stand-Swim (floats :D), Stand2-Swim (Looks around, floating), Spell Swim (fires rocket?), Stand Ready Swim (Holds gun, ready to shoot), Death-Swim (murloc death, and floats, losing the gun), Death Decay - Swim (sinks), Walk - Swim (bobbs in water. No need to actually animate him much at all), Submerge (sinks slowly), Submerge-Swim (what can I say, simple bobbing around? and a little leg action? :p), Surface (slowly, very slowly surfaces, like a noisless marine preparing to go on shore or spy on the enemy :D)

:O
very nice and many animations :D
Stand victory - he shoots with his gun into the sky?

Can't wait for the model :cute:

is the skin ready?

Level 2
Can there be a dissapate animation? i think i saw a model with a dissapate and a decay animation on it.
can you make a rifle butt animation?
what about having no gun and make attachments?

Level 23
each sentence to each question :p (figured you'd ask. :p)
Master_K said:
Can there be a dissapate animation?
Varsaigen said:
uh.... not likely.
Master_K said:
can you make a rifle butt animation?
Varsaigen said:
I can, but I won't.
Master_K said:
what about having no gun and make attachments?
Varsaigen said:

Sorry, but I am not good with making the fading dissipates/ I don't have a need for a "whacking the enemy with the gun" attack anim, since he's ranged anyway D: and finally, I don't want to go into the effor of trying to figure out how to animate him for use with diff weapons, as the gun's effects (bullets flying off, the flash, all that stuff) would need to be different for each gun D:

Level 23
comon, get finished :D

Finals week D:

How big will be the model (size)?
I don't care if it is too big, but a low size would be awesome :p

With just the mesh, it's already pretty low :3 I think I posted the filesize a few pages back. I expect it to remain relatively low. Until I add in the SFX :p flashes and water rings... :p

Level 9
Sorry, but I am not good with making the fading dissipates/ I don't have a need for a "whacking the enemy with the gun" attack anim, since he's ranged anyway D: and finally, I don't want to go into the effor of trying to figure out how to animate him for use with diff weapons, as the gun's effects (bullets flying off, the flash, all that stuff) would need to be different for each gun D:

You know, a dissipate animation is just the model rising in to the air, the fading is handled automaticly.

Level 12
true, dont add any animation to a model, set it as a hero, make it die, it will disipate (take the Earth, Fire and Storm pandarean for exemple, when used as a hero normaly it doesnt have a dissipate animation cuz they want it to just poof, but if you add it a hero, it disipates on the spot :D, Hero dissipate is only lifting into the air :D

Level 15
it seems this model will be so cool, that it will have to be called "Chuck Norris" instead of Murloc Marine...
can't wait!

Level 15
cartloads of rep and a director's cut is not enough of a motivation for you? =)))
kidding, kidding =))

Status
Not open for further replies.