• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiple Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well, i found some other threads on the forum, but people simply do not gave feedback after people giving them some experimental ideas. Well, considering i tested those ideas and they don't worked, i'm assuming those people just gave up. Something i will not do, as i'm really willing to solve that, once and for all.

Thing is, i have an sound (wc3) that when played repeatedly it starts acting weird. It begins to act weird when it's played before an already playing sound of the same sound variable (set in sound editor) does not stopped. Actually, my trigger stops the sound (immediately) before playing it again, but no result.

I tried using "skip to sound off set" for make the sound just start playing from the beggining, don't sounds good. Also tried using an Sound Array and never playign the same array consecutivelly, does not worked too. Is there a way of making the sound play correctly repeatdly fast? Or i have to import the sound like 50 times? (it might can play that repeatedly fast). There no way messing with Fade In and Out values? Sound Channels? Maybe a JASS function that i don't know?

Also, in the sound editor i can play that sounds repeatedly with no problem.

Thanks in advance

Level 10
I tried using "skip to sound off set" for make the sound just start playing from the beggining, don't sounds good. Also tried using an Sound Array and never playign the same array consecutivelly, does not worked too. ...
So your problem is that sound does not play correctly if it should overlap itself, isn't it?
This seems clear to me as long as it is the same sound variable. I have two different ideas how you could get this done:
1. Sound Array to get a ready variable used each time it plays which should allow overlapping as often as your array is big (depends on how long your sound is and how often overlapping will be needed). You said you already tried something that. Could you maybe post your trigger code?
2. When is the sound to be played? If it plays that often, I'd seek to get it played without any triggers, maybe you can replace an internal attack sound or something like that... well, you'll need to post your exact situation when the sound should be played.

Level 8
1. Sound Array to get a ready variable used each time it plays which should allow overlapping as often as your array is big (depends on how long your sound is and how often overlapping will be needed). You said you already tried something that. Could you maybe post your trigger code?

Well, that's what i tried :p I don't have acess to my code right now, but what i did was very simple, i used a simple loop at mat init to set all arrays of a Sound Variable Array to the same Sound and never playing the same array coonsecutively. But seens like the sound variable returns the same sound it does not have effect.

2. When is the sound to be played? If it plays that often, I'd seek to get it played without any triggers, maybe you can replace an internal attack sound or something like that... well, you'll need to post your exact situation when the sound should be played.

The sound will be played very often, yes. I will be using it on my http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/sound-burner-game-music-production-174025/ project, so at 180 bpm + sequencer full sounds would be played very fast.

Some guy on this forum gave the idea to play sounds inside a 3D model. Like death animations sounds and etc. I already tried playing 3D sounds on models consecutively like killing a lot of units of the same type really fast, but it does not worked. What i don't tried and might work is having a model with one animation to every possible combination of sequencer notes (yeah, would require A LOT of work, i'm aware of that).
If i only needs to "import" one sound to the model and i can use it as many times i need that would maybe work, but if every sound played in a animation would increase the model size, maybe i can consider another idea :(
Note: I have less-than-basic modellings skills

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=107433
This is a World Editor Zone question, by the way :]

Thanks Pharaoh_, that's really intersting and might work! I can't test it now cause i don't have knowledge of Jass/vJass and how to use this system, but i will work on it. But, you think it's probably going to work? Or there's only few hope? ;x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.