• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple skins to model problem - Dragonhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello one & all,

I've run into a bit of a issue I can't get around with my limited knowledge, it is as follows:

Recently I've been using the method of model editor/MDXPather to have a multitude of skins to one model in game..this was going very well until I attempted to do the same for the Dragonhawk, unlike most others it has two unit paths in mdxpather:
units\Human\BloodElfDragonHawk\BloodElfDragonhawk.blp
units\Human\BloodElfDragonHawk\Dragonhawk.blp

I downloaded:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/bloodelfdragonhawk-blp.268098/#resource-42011

Which has two files associated with it:
BloodElfDragonhawk.blp
Dragonhawk.blp

So I presumed having each replace their respective partner would work but every variation I've tried ends in a crash when I try reloading the altered mdx in Model Editor.

I like a challenge & usually get round them but I am stumped here, any help would really go a long way :)

Many Thanks.

EJCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.