• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Multiple No-target Dummy Instant Abilities Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi, I'm making some sort of buttons for a unit. So I made 12 buttons, all based from Divine Shield spell. The name of the last button was "Use". So, when I checked the name of ability being cast with this trigger (v), it shown me Use. I always casted one specific ability from all 12, which is Move.
  • Check the bug
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
  • Condition
    • Ability being cast Not Equal to Move
  • Actions
    • Game - Display message to (All players) containing: (Name of ability being cast)
When I cast the Move ability out of 12 buttons, the trigger triggers and a message displays, containing "Use". It means that I casted Use ability, but not Move. The same happens with all other 12 buttons.
And exactly the same happens to Berserk ability. I even tried setting abilities duration to 0.00 and give them a buff, to check it via triggers, but no:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target
  • Conditions
    • Unit has Specific Buff (The one Move ability gives) Equal to False
  • Actions
    • Game - display to all players message containing: (string of issued order)
The trigger worked, no buffs were given, and no matter that I gave the Move ability a string different from divineshield, it still displayed in the game "divineshield"
Question: what instant no-target ability can I use for buttons? (Except for divine shield or berserk that don't work)

Level 16
That happens when you based more abilities on same one. They have same order ID.

There are two solutions to fix this.

1. You can base your abilities on something else (Thunder Clap, War Stomp, Berserk, Avatar, Wind Walk...)

2. Base your ability on channel, modify it and choose different Base Order ID (Note that channel ability won't be visible if you don't put ''Visible'' in options). This way is allot better than first one. Channel has many options.
NOTE that ''Base Order ID'' can change only channel and spellbook.

Check this tutorial for more info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.