• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Ending Type Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am making a campaign and my goal is to make multiple endings possible.
The endings would be chosen(by the system) depending on the choices made throughout the game.

I was imagining it as something with a variable that stores the "points" that corresponds with each dialog choice. And by the final chapter/s this is where the "points" will be used and will run the trigger for the ending that you will get.

So is this a good idea?

Something new : Multiple routes
I think it would also be nice to incorporate multiple routes as well where as the focus of the story changes. Most likely it would incorporate a character's backstory or a major plot change.

And by the way, the better the ending, the harder the final boss fight since happy endings should be harder to achieve (not like I plan for a happy ending)

Last edited:
Level 3
Level 3
Updated a bit and with a little question in mind : Should the ending be in different maps so that players could view the endings they have achieved so far rather than have them replay all the way each time they want to view an ending?

Note that the final map would look the same for all endings in the least, in this campaign. (Unless I incorporate multiple routes in this one which is actually a plan for another campaign.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.