• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multiple Charges in a single Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUI Snippet] Multiple Charges in a single Ability

Charged%20Spell%20GIF.jpg

Charged Spell System v.01.w3x

So here it is. I've gone about as far as I can with this. It's not MUI and it is hard coded, but it works and it's pretty neat. If anyone wants it or has any use for it, please feel free to make it your own. Also, if anyone is serious about using it, I would be happy to make additional numbered icons.

• Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(manashieldon))
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(manashieldoff))
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions
      • Set Loc = (Position of Caster)
      • Set Angle = (Facing of Caster)
      • Animation - Play Caster's spell animation
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy_type for Player 1 (Red) at Loc facing Angle degrees
      • Unit - Add Shockwave (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Loc offset by 300.00 towards Angle degrees)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
      • Countdown Timer - Start Clock as a Repeating timer that will expire in 4.00 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(manashieldoff))
              • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • int Less than 3
            • Then - Actions
              • Trigger - Turn off Cast <gen>
              • Unit - Remove Ability[int] from Caster
              • Set int = (int + 1)
              • Unit - Add Ability[int] to Caster
              • Unit - Order Caster to Neutral Naga Sea Witch - Activate Mana Shield
              • Unit - Order Caster to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Activate Immolation
              • Trigger - Turn on Cast <gen>
            • Else - Actions
              • Set int = (int + 1)
        • Else - Actions
  • Reset Charges
    • Events
      • Time - Clock expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • int Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Start Clock as a Repeating timer that will expire in 4.00 seconds
          • Countdown Timer - Pause (Last started timer)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • int Equal to 4
            • Then - Actions
              • Set int = (int - 1)
            • Else - Actions
              • Set int = (int - 1)

Last edited:
Level 14
I really like this. I've been looking for a good way to do an ability that gains charges and once used deals damage according to the number of charges. It's a simple spell, but having an icon that shows the charges would be ideal.

I'll have to get back to you to see if you can make me an icon with 0 to 10 charges (so 11 icons I guess) If you would be up for that I would certainly appreciate it.

I really like this. I've been looking for a good way to do an ability that gains charges and once used deals damage according to the number of charges. It's a simple spell, but having an icon that shows the charges would be ideal.

I'll have to get back to you to see if you can make me an icon with 0 to 10 charges (so 11 icons I guess) If you would be up for that I would certainly appreciate it.

my vJass lib can handle up to 2^31 charges and it is MUI :)

Status
Not open for further replies.