• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Multiboard Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, Hive.

I'm working on a Risk map and I have two resources - gold and renown.

Now, a leaderboard for gold only is pretty much standard, but I can't really see a way for me to include renown on that same board.

Note: I don't want the leaderboard to display current gold values, I want it to display income per turn. Gold and renown, if possible.

I'm guessing you're probably going to say "you need a multiboard" for that. Which is pretty much the conclusion I've come to... thing is, all the multiboards I see seem to be for kills and such, rather than something like highly variable Risk incomes.

What I'm asking is, can a multiboard display gold and renown incomes simultaneously and if so, how on earth would I go about setting one up? Are there any obscure links you know of that might be useful in these specific circumstances?

I'm happy to take a few hours to learn how it all works, but at the moment, I'm stumbling completely in the dark.

Thanks in advance.

Sinandur

Edit: Alternatively, if you can point out any maps that have a multi-resource income multiboard, then that would also be quite helpful.

Level 12
You pretty much can nick any multiboard and replace the values it displays (in kills multiboard that would be kills) with how you store the gold & renown income and display that.

Multiboards usually would have a double loop looking like:
Code:
Pseudo Code example:
 For each Row 0 to MaxRows
  For each Column 0 to MaxColumns
    Display on multiboard Row and Column what needs to be displayed on Row and Column

Status
Not open for further replies.