• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard - Current Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, i wanted to use a Multiboard in my Map (a Tower Defense).
I used a Tutorial and everything works fine. Then i tried to add a new row which shows the current wave.
Every Wave is saved as a variable (integer) named Wave_Level

• Create Multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet Player_Count = (Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player))
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and (Player_Count + 2) rows, titled Custom Tower TD.
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Player
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Kills
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Player_Count + 1), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Show icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
      • Set VariableSet List = 2
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)).) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Picked player))] = List
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row List to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNVillagerMan1.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row List to (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row List to 0
          • Set VariableSet List = (List + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (List + 1) to Wave:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (List + 1) to 0
      • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
The Trigger that updates the Kills works well, so here is just the Wave Update Trigger:

• Wave Update
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (List + 1) to (String(Wave_Level))
I have no idea what Event i could take, so i just used time elapsed.

Level 12
You should have a trigger where the new wave spawns, right? That's when you should update the current wave.

Or alternatively, if you have downtime between waves and you want to show the "current" wave that's going to come, then you'd do it in the trigger that detects when a wave is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.