• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multi-Instanceable Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I read somewhere that you can play the same sound at the same time if you call the sound's path but make it different for every instance. Can i do this with indexes? Does this leak?

I'm still new to JASS so I'm not too sure how to do this. ^^;

Level 6
I mean imported sounds. You can only play them once at a time.

Say I have two custom models with rifles and I have imported a custom rifle sound that is supposed to play when the custom unit attacks or uses an ability. That sound can only play once. So if I have two or more of the same model attacking or casting at the same time, you would only hear the sound once and not for all of the units.

I just want to know how you would write the script that allows you to play that sound more than once and while this sound is already playing.

Level 6
Ive been trying to learn this system but the provided test map doesn't seem to work with WE. I was hoping I could look at his examples and see how they are implemented.

Perhaps if you could provide the test map I could work through the script and try to learn it myself.

The simple option also sounds good. I think if I know just the basics it will be all I really need.

I was hoping to have more than 4 players on my map, but I can work with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.