• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] MUI With time (2 Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
1st
I want to know if there is any other possible ways to create GUI MUI Spells with time (waits and that stuff), than that "Index System", If no, then at least post some map with any GUI MUI spell what includes this Index System...
2nd
And about JASS, I am in basics and slowly moving to a bit advanced. I was wondering if someone would post some code for some MUI spell with time, Lets take easy example, a spell when storm bolt is casted on target, then 3 times dummy will cast another same storm bolt ability in 1 second interval. Someone could make a code for that?

1. Yes there are other possible ways ("local global" variables, custom data), but indexing is the best and most reliable way.

2. Look in the spells section. Download some MUI Jass spells (nearly all good spells run off a timer) and read through the code, see if you can make sense of it. Be warned that most new ones are vJass. I suggest learning vJass anyway though, so...

Level 10
1. Yes there are other possible ways ("local global" variables, custom data), but indexing is the best and most reliable way.

2. Look in the spells section. Download some MUI Jass spells (nearly all good spells run off a timer) and read through the code, see if you can make sense of it. Be warned that most new ones are vJass. I suggest learning vJass anyway though, so...

That Local variable is useless to me, you can only use Local in GUI trigger one time...

Also I would appreciate If someone would link or post some random spell what uses this index system.

Status
Not open for further replies.