• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] MUI Spell without Custom Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Good evening everyone, this is Battlehound asking for help again, for the first time in a long time.

I have taken up work on an old map of mine, and I wanted to download Bribes(Spelling) damage detection system, but I found that I still have a trigger using custom value. Now, it's been a long time since I made this, and I have forgot alot about it. I have never been good at MUI spells, so I was wondering if you could help me make this MUI, without custom value use.

What the hero is supposed to do is: He places a number of Sigils upon his target, the sigils have no real effect by themselves, but the hero can use his Sigil Shatter ability to shatter the sigils, using their effect. The strength of the effect depends on how long the sigil has been planted.

The sigils can only be placed on heroes, and there will only ever be one hero per team.

I have attached the map, thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Sigil Keeper.w3x
    38.6 KB · Views: 45
Level 28
(I believe it's "Bribe's", as Bribe is the person and it's some possessive stuff).

What Bribe's Unit Indexer (required for his damage system I believe?) does, is give every unit a unique ID (which is stored in the custom value of that unit).
So to make a spell MUI, all you need to do is create a variable with array and use it like this: Variable[Custom Value of MyUnit] = something
That variable will be unique to MyUnit because the custom value is unique.

So actually, I don't think you need to change the spell all that much.
All you need to do is remove everything that has to do with setting custom values (because Bribe's system already does that for you :D).

I hope this helped.
You're free to say so if you can't get it to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.