• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MUI spell problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I need help with both spells in this map.

First one the spell Bash. It is MUI. But if you spamm doing it he wont hit the target once. He will like gather mass force and do one big blow xD And i don't want this xP. You will understand more if you open this map and spamm click b and on the targeted unit. And after some time quit spamming and you will see the prob :S

Second is Leap. And if you spamm doing leap he will jump fucking far!...

Can someone help me so it shouldn't work doing spells when he's doing spells.. <-------- This is my prob :(

BTW: My first MUI spells tell me what you think :)

EDIT: Attachment doesn't work.. Wait a min i will upload it to a pastebin.

EDIT2: Here's the link :http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=1ocbpy

Level 17
Im looking at it right now, i should be able to fix it.

Alright, the problem is occurring because your max distance is being changed each spam click, increasing the max distance of the leap being leaped, instead of trying to fix that, i recommend you pause the unit for x seconds to disable any spell using while in the air, to avoid any future glitches while trying to use the spell.

Level 19
you add the event "unit takes damage" every time you cast the bash spell
so if you spam it 100 times there are 100 events and every time you hit the target will take 100 times the effect

so cooldown has no use at all because you can click - run back - click - run back and so on and after some time attack the target to make it stuck somewhere in the terrain

Level 11
you add the event "unit takes damage" every time you cast the bash spell
so if you spam it 100 times there are 100 events and every time you hit the target will take 100 times the effect

so cooldown has no use at all because you can click - run back - click - run back and so on and after some time attack the target to make it stuck somewhere in the terrain

Oh okay ty for the info..But i can't figure out a way to like clear the trigger before or something. Can someone help me with that? :)

And ty infinite answears! It works!

Level 19
Oh okay ty for the info..But i can't figure out a way to like clear the trigger before or something. Can someone help me with that? :)

And ty infinite answears! It works!

just don't add the event again
either use a damage detection system (add the event for every unit entering the map and all preplaced ones)
or make:
unit casts
if target is not in unitgroup
add target to unitgroup
add event
endif

but I think issuing an attack order is lame
better give the hero a one-charge bash ability with no target which activates on his next attack

Level 17
Use a delay, over all your lines of the unit - unit gets damaged put an if then else statement saying condition Bash_Delay = 0, and create a trigger that counts every .05 seconds or whatever works for you, and create Bash_delay = (whatever u want) at the very end of the Then statement, then in the other trigger every x seconds subtract that x seconds to bash_delay, and whala, no more spamming.

Edit: Sometimes the delay goes over what u want it to go to, so if its glitching change bash_delay equal to 0, to bash_delay less than, or equal to 0

Level 11
it will still save the shit. Its really hard to explain but it just doesn't work test it. Cuz i did like that before posting this thread.
But if you have tested it and it works send me a test map and let me check it out please.

Ty.

Level 17
Look im sorry but, this spell is bad in all possible ways. For one you failed your arithmetic. I had to fix all of it. For 2, i just dont like how the spell works, you actually have to click it to cast it, so ugly, for 3, the damage detect system can utterly fail because imagine 20 attacking the paladin simultaneously? Ill fix this for you, but you will have to let me rework the spell.

Level 11
Well it is a diablo II spell ofc you should click to cast it... i don't need complex arithmetic shit.. the other trigger works too.

The third one is right.. And that's why i even made this thread.. Tbh the third one is just a stupid comment.. Its like i should've said your spawn trigger fails completely when the thread name is need help with my spawn trigger. Then he's like WTF i need help with it ofc it fails.. YOu don't have to tell me that i know that..

Theese are my first MUI spells i know they arent the best. But i guess you was this nooby too when you started doing MUI....

Level 17
No im looking at it right now lol, you used a whole integer of 50+5 instead of .50 + .05 im going to post you something that u might like

• Bash Dmg
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • B_Off_Dmg[B_Times] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set B_Off_Dmg[B_Times] = False
          • Unit - Cause B_Hero[B_Times] to damage B_Target[B_Times], dealing ((Real((Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)))) + ((Damage taken) x (0.45 + (0.05 x (Real((Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)))))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • B_Skip Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Trigger - Turn on Bash Loop <gen>
              • Trigger - Turn off Bash Dmg <gen>
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
I saw this trigger of yours, and i thought to myself, "This is horribly long and uselessly long" so i fixed it. And i made it MUI.

Level 17
Okay ill try to draw u a picture.

Edit: Ohhh now i understand what you were trying to do. You made it waay to complicated on yourself. I will change it and post the changes.

• Set Bash_Damage[B_Times] = (Damage taken)
Use this line to detect the damage and to make damage taken MUI
Put the damage line that i made for you
  • Unit - Cause B_Hero[B_Times] to damage B_Target[B_Times], dealing ((Real((Level of Bash for B_Hero[B_Times]))) + (Bash_Damage[B_Times] x (0.45 + (0.05 x (Real((Level of Bash for B_Hero[B_Times]))))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
on your first trigger where he casts the spell. Then once the damage is done, turn on the loop to move the unit backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.