• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MUI AOE buff spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello this is my first post, i finally come here to get some help if possible. Im trying to design a custom spell in GUI and make it MUI. The spell consist in create an AOE in a designated area (non-target) and create a buff that gives 20% evasion to allied units inside for 10 seconds.
I have almost all the concepts for doing it but im kinda stuck and i dont know what is the best form to do it.
I tried to do with a dummie aura buff but that delay of 2 seconds it has its just awful i wont that :(
If someone can help me... Thanks for advance!

Level 3
Adding a custom buff through the tornado slow aura is a good option. Using this will make adding and removing the buff instant. You'll pick every unit in the AoE of the spell and give each one the aura (the aura will only target each individual unit so the buff only appears on each individual unit).

If you've never used the tornado slow aura to add buffs to units before, then I'll give you an example.

Level 15
use dummy unit along with unit array, set a limit may be 100? well unless we are talking about wtf mode then may be 1000. Since it;s an aura all you do is a periodic to keep track of all the dummy (aura) and then pick the units around to give them evasion ability, I suggest you use unit group array next to tie the unit array along with it, so each spell cast refers to each group. Before adding the beneficial units to the group check if they are from all of the groups existing. Once that is done add evasion ability, then after 10 seconds duration remove evasion and the unit from the group.

Edit: I should also mention a basic practice of checking distance from dummy to picked unit (basic, since someone state I SHOULD NOT say the basics but here i am yet again talking about it) anyways, if they are out of the distance threshold you remove them automatically.(Evasion and from the group)

Level 3
That was a lot information! More than I expected :D. I didnt notice the posibility of using tornado ill test that one. I used flamestrike buff but i got problems and bug a lot. Rep fir those fast replies! ill be back with some progress see you

Level 7
Have you tried using immolation without the damage. I don't know it will have this delay or not but it might work. I know you can make the damage tick interval small by decreasing the duration so maybe if the duration was really low, the units will loss the buff really quickly when they leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.