• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr. Box (My very first Unity game project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Mr. Box

It is very fun to learn something when you have an aim to create something.

This is my first Unity Project. I am using Unity Engine Free. Actually its ok for me if I am not using Pro since my main focus of my first project is more on game mechanics and physics.

What makes it hard for me is my course in college is Bachelor in Secondary Education and not programming. So I will gonna learn coding by myself with the help of internet. I am downloading bunch of tutorial videos in order to learn and probably reading some C++ books in our library.

I am using the C# as my programming language and not Java. (But if I found lots of tutorials about Java script in Unity I am willing to change.) I am planning this to be a Windows Standalone 2D game.

About the Graphics since i am not using any heavy detailed models I think I will use my Photoshop CS5 to create textures.

My Idea

So the main concept of this game is Mr. Box a player controlled character is a free floating unit in a space. Bunch of random stuff will be thrown at him and the player need to survive the longer time he can.

Mr. Box weapon will start as a gun. Shooting stuffs in order to gain level. And as he level more abilities can be used like instant blink, shields, lasers, gravity well.

The longer time Mr. Box is alive the harder enemies will spawn.

All updates will be posted here...

I need your help

- You can share any tutorials regarding my ideas like a projectile system script or Spawn System and anything else.
- Or if you have any ideas regarding my plan you can share it.
- Even tips and tricks are all welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.