• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MPQ read only, can not edit file war3map.j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys!
Can anyone help me add file war3map.j (edited ) for LTK v1.35 map, how can i copy and paste it in LTKv1.35 Map?
please? i am edited the file war3map.j but can not Save all the edits made and insert it back into the map with Ladik's MPQ Editor( MPQ read only),mpq is no problem.I want to fix the map, do I need to unlock anything?

link download map LTK v1.35: download
Thank you very much

click on the error image:

error.png
error2.png

Level 29
I heard that people encountered this kind of issue before, even ended up with MPQ Editor problem:
Map doesnt open in MPQ master, shows ERROR OPENING ARCHIVE

Usually, the map you are trying to open is protected, which can affect the whole MPQ archive structures.
1. Use autodetection for file names
2. It should recover most file names; if it doesn't, you'll have to look up imported file names in war3map.j and supply an additional listfile with the names you've found
3. When you have all files names recognized, export all files
4. Create a new MPQ (either in MPQEditor or in WE) and import all protected map's files in here.
You might try the solution above if the file you are trying to edit is protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.