• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

mp3s don't loop properly (small pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, I use mp3's rather than wavs in my maps to cut down on space. Only problem with this is that there is a slight pause at the beginning and at the end of my mp3s.

I'm using Audacity to convert sounds from wav, and ogg to mp3, is audacity adding in the pauses, or is it just mp3 in general?

Level 8
No no no, what I'm saying is that every time I save something with Audacity, it adds those pauses on. Removing them does nothing... (hmm, but i wonder if they'll stack...)

And I definitely can't use wav files, waaaay too big.

Level 15
I know this problem, it's the MP3 format itself.

The small pauses, as you call it, are referred to small silent gaps that the MP3 encoder generates each time we save a MP3 file. And I'm afraid there's no solution to this problem.

The MP3 format is only good for non-looping sounds and musics, because the only format that loops any sound and music perfectly is the OGG format. But unfortunately, WC3 does not support it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.