• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving Bullet Projectile Detection System Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've been having a ton of problems with this lately so I'm just going to put up a request because I know I don't know any JASS and not enough GUI to make this happen in a way that is not a complete sloppy mess.

I need some one to help me make a projectile system for bullets attacks. I want to have it so that I have a unit that attacks, which creates a dummy unit with a bullet model who move along a linear path out from the attacking unit until it connects with another unit or destructible or whatever in the way, which it then damages or simply dies against if its something that can't be hurt. Depending on the gun that is firing it I need it to be able to be inaccurate in the sense that the gun fires many bullets quickly but they all fan out in like a 15 degree arc in front of the attacking unit, or like a shotgun in that one single large spread is fired all at once.

I don't know how big or complicated this will become, while I'd love to have someone do it for me I know this is not likely but I would really appreciate it if someone could at least give me some points in which direction to go to get this working. Math and Jass are my weakest points so it is really frustrating to not be able to implement this the way I want.

Level 6
I know GUI but I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at.
What's a NFWAR, and where does Divine Shield come into this?

I'm trying to get a bullet system for shooting, moving, and detecting hits from projectiles.

Level 6
You were able to do it? Do you think you could show me a map that had this sort of system in it that I could work off of/be inspired by maybe?

JeffreyQ's system

Very easy to configure. Just changed the event from "Unit starts the effect of an ability" to "Unit is Attacked"

No Z check.
Missile system that I made is able to work with unit is attacked event. BUT you can cheat:
-Clicking fast on 2 units, and hero will fire before attacking unit and faster than his attack cooldown.

One more problem is: damage of unit. System must to do damage only.
An other problem with unit attack damage stats. We still can see his dmg icon and range of damage.

I did it!_____________
Madmuffin, Supertoinkz...
You both need from me the bullet system, but it need to work with attack event.
So I made it! :grin: It works, but need some very wierd setting on units and addind a passive dummy spell. I will write documentation theare to make you to understand how to use and perform it. Without Editing Unit Object data, it is NO chance to make this system to work. I am making documentation now... w8 for it.
EDIT: dummy spell is realy bitch and very wierd. You cant change text data for it o_O ... icon is unchangeable too... tooltip changes when unit geting orders... need some modifications and searching for better dummy spell.

Modifications that miss:
-Tree collision
-Building collision

Do you people need critical hit? I gues It must be removed.
More questions: Shuld it hit flying units?

Last edited:
Here is your bullet system! Thanks to the NFWAR!
View attachment 80759

Yes, chilla_killa linked this, BUT I made exacly what requester and supertoinkz need (supertoinkz asked me some time ago). I remembered a trick I saw in one spell map (Growing Sphere) and discovered what Orb of fire can handle this. I need you guys to tell me targets and more details so after adding those I can upload the GUI Bullet System 2 (sure with jass upgrade).

Ohh, i din't just linked it, i edited it! Sorry if i musted to ask you for persimmision!

lulz i didnt knew u edited... lets see. i smell bug :p

Well, it is not good for 3 reasons:
-Point leak BS_Point[10]
-Ability is visible for a moment... this is strange and meaby annoying
-Even if you start system without spell cast (posible) the attack cooldown is never same as in object editor.
So cooldown is 2.15 and it fire with rate of delay between stop order and reaction on enemy.

So... people, HERE IT IS! "REAL" bullet system GUI!

Attachments

• Bullet System v2 (JASS UPGRADE).w3x
    60.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 3
Have you considered just having it create a dummy unit that casts a linear spell like, oh say, carrion swarm, and just have it hit 1 target? Like, by setting damage and max damage to the same number. Then crank down the coning values... Or is that idea too simple for what you are looking for?

Have you considered just having it create a dummy unit that casts a linear spell like, oh say, carrion swarm, and just have it hit 1 target? Like, by setting damage and max damage to the same number. Then crank down the coning values... Or is that idea too simple for what you are looking for?

:hohum: Stupid stupid and again stupid idea. If you dont understand how it must to work, read request again. It must to check Z axis too, so it bullet is too hight, it doesnt hit a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.