• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Movement System (Chess board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
So i have created a Datagrid under trigger folder "Data Field" I've have made it give a messages for all possible values for creation So that i know that it has referenced properly. My problem is not the possible spots where a piece can move, but when I activate the spell.

It goes like this:
Spell Activates
Unit Type checked
Position Checked
Possible movement positions calculated
Turning Movement positions into a X Y value
Create Circles at X Y value

However the last part "Create Circles at X Y values" Wont work even though I know that X Y were calculated correctly.

It shows the Creation trigger working. But no unit appears. Since i have a message in unit creation going "Creating unit" and at end "Unit created"?

So i was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem.
And tell me why the unit wont create. --"Creationg part is very last If then else on a loop interger A 0 - 63

Map is attached

Attachments

• chess Edited4.w3x
    299.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Level 14
I think you can use
Unit is going up -> issue (moving unit) to move to point (Position of (moving unit))offset 100 by 90 degrees.
Unit is going down -> issue (moving unit) to move to point (Position of (moving unit)) offset 100 by 270 degrees.
Unit is going right -> issue (moving unit) to move to point (Position of (moving unit)) offset 100 by 0 degrees.
Unit is going left -> issue (moving unit) to move to point (Position of (moving unit)) offset 100 by 180 degrees.

You can change the 100 to the value you want.

Level 7
the 'circle' object's problem i think . . .

circle of power ~.~
use another base unit please . . .

and to make sure whether the unit is there or not,
use something related to the unit . .
ex: make floating text at the unit position ~

Level 17
@shinji That won't work as i need to move pieces relevantly. Otherwise i could make a Rook move of the board >.>

@Overcold_ice
I have already tried by swapping circle too footman But ill try the Floating Text idea thanks =D

Edit:

I doubled up the creation trigger.

So now it should Create a Cirlce and a Footman. And it should put Text over both.

Niether was created and no text was shown :<

Level 7
where do you set the hashtable? you create it but you don't assign it to a variable
  • Set data field
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Preparing Database ...
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • -------- Setting Values for White units --------
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Setting piece value...
      • Wait 2.00 second
      • -------- Afile --------
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Center of A1 <gen>) as 1 of 0 in Hashtable
you need to set it to a variable with something like this
  • set Hashtable = (last created hashtable)//INSERT after you create the hashtable
or you coulde use this and get rid of the create hastable function.
  • custom script: set udg_Hashtable = InitHashtable()

Level 17
Yeh tyx i must of forgot xD. Just realised then came on to say problem fixed then saw this o_O

Well thanks alot now finally i get back to work =D
Can't believe i was that stupid to miss that :(

+rep

Status
Not open for further replies.