• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Mounting System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Could someone show me how to do an effective mounting system, not like the regular hippogryph ability and archer. I want something more complex, something exactly like the WoW mount system. Example:
1. You have the item, and you use it.
2. After a few seconds the mount shows up
3. Your hero is selected not the mount, you can dismount and stuff.
4. When attacked then you automatically dismount, so no hard stuff like attacking.
5. Any other features that would be nice

I would appreciate all comments. Any would be fine: a map of it, suggestions, triggers, GUI or JASS, either one is fine. Whatever you want :)

Thanks for the help :D

EDIT: The unit (hero) im using will also be in an RPG, and this rpg is going to have attachments, so i also would need the attachments to show up when mounted.

Last edited:
Level 6
I dont think this is complicated but in the Eragon game, they gave their dragons the load and unload abilties because there is no way you can make the unit apear the on the loading unit unless you replace it with a model of it but the easy way is just to load and unload. Its an ability and transport boats have it.
-Hope this helps

Level 6
Actually another mount system from Pokemon for the bike was that a unit uses an ability (ability is used when clicking the bike item) then attach special effect to unit origin using bike model then he set speed of unit to higher.

Level 4
yeah, well i dont like that first idea, and tried the second, but i dont like it either haha, im really picky :p, but thanks for your help :)

Level 4
is there anyway to attach a unit to a unit, because i thought of something like

if i use an item
it creates a mount and attaches them together

Level 4
>Palaslayer
thanks for the idea, I hope he'll let me in with some info :)

>TheBlooddancer
How is it possible, I don't mean like a special effect, but 2 units are placed, and they combine, not like the hippogryph and archer though, because that makes a new unit with an archer targetted onto a hippogryph.

>terradont
that also sounds pretty good, but i may want many alternate mounts for heroes, but if so, that might be the idea i will use.

Level 4
>Well, the only way to place it on top, is to attach it as a special effect, but personally, i would make a horse with the skill sphere, wich had the special effect "Footman" or such.
So that you can replace the units with a horse, which had that footman atop.
Ehh, well thats basically the Archer+Huntress thing, and it doesn't work that well=\

>I think the best non-modeling idea is to attach a horse to the hero, but you will need to change its flying height and speed...
That sounds pretty good, but wouldn't it be the hero moving, and the horse just standing there like a dummy?

Modeling sounds good, but a TON of work=\, I might have to take that option

Level 12
>I think the best non-modeling idea is to attach a horse to the hero, but you will need to change its flying height and speed...
That sounds pretty good, but wouldn't it be the hero moving, and the horse just standing there like a dummy?

Modeling sounds good, but a TON of work=\, I might have to take that option
Maybe, have you tried?
Edit: Attachs play an animation, if its fixed, change the attach to a walking horse when he is walking, and then change to a stoped horse when he is not walking lol

Level 3
okay i have an idea, you can have an hero with a horse modeled together and then make an item with the ability of the druid of the claw and simply change model of the druid of the claw with the horse, capisci? but that dosent have a dismount on action like attacking or/and being attacked...

Level 6
how bout saya rcher and grif but make a enw custom abi add some triggers etc make the unit created what you want the mount to be like etc. then for diff mounts use stone form and crow form and ebar form etc and repalce the units with diff files etc like just change the mdoel...
sowwy for bad typing

Status
Not open for further replies.